Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex MSD old acct paid in settlement

tag
tskstorm
Established Member

Amex MSD old acct paid in settlement

I got into some trouble when I was a teenager and my parents bailed me out and paid off my previous Amex account but negotiated to not pay the fees I had accumulated. This was about 10 years ago and my AAOA would be greatly helped by adding 9 years of history. However I don't know if I should stir the pot knowing what the deal was with that previous account. My util is about %4.
BOA Cash Rewards 12K/Chase Freedom- 12.5k/Amex Blue sky 9k/Cap1 Quicksilver 7.5K/Citi Diamond Preferred 7.5K/Disc Walmart 6K/Chase slate 5k/Discover it 4.5K/Ashley store card 4.5K/Citi simplicity 4.4K/Barclay card 4K/Wells Fargo Platinum 3.6K/Cap1 journey 1250/ Home Depot 800

Personal loan 20K
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex MSD old acct paid in settlement

If it was an issue they probably wouldn't have approved you.  AmEx has a long memory and 10 years isn't near long enough for them to forget.

When did you get your BSP and what MSD is reported on your online account?

Message 2 of 6
tskstorm
Established Member

I would say about 10 months ago I got the BSP, and I don't see where on the account online it has my MSD maybe a little help ? 

BOA Cash Rewards 12K/Chase Freedom- 12.5k/Amex Blue sky 9k/Cap1 Quicksilver 7.5K/Citi Diamond Preferred 7.5K/Disc Walmart 6K/Chase slate 5k/Discover it 4.5K/Ashley store card 4.5K/Citi simplicity 4.4K/Barclay card 4K/Wells Fargo Platinum 3.6K/Cap1 journey 1250/ Home Depot 800

Personal loan 20K
Message 3 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@tskstorm wrote:

I would say about 10 months ago I got the BSP, and I don't see where on the account online it has my MSD maybe a little help ? 

While online, it will say cardmember since xxxx and your name

Message 4 of 6
tskstorm
Established Member

Saw it ontop when I logged in on the full website from my phone not on the mobile site and I also didn't see it on the website on my computer, might have just missed it. Anyways my MSD is 2013 the old account would have been established in 2003.

Personal loan 20K
Message 5 of 6
tskstorm
Established Member

Should I push to have my MSD backdated or leave well enough alone?

Personal loan 20K
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.