Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Member Since Date

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Member Since Date

I just got approved for the Amex ED after being blacklisted for 10 years and they backdated my member sice date to 1989. Do they backdate on the CRs as well and will this help my AAoA?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Member Since Date

Sorry but no backdating to the bureaus anymore. The member since date is purely cosmetic.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
Sorry but no backdating to the bureaus anymore. The member since date is purely cosmetic.

So much for wishful thinking! lol Thanks kdm!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I had a dollar every time this was asked... Lol
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You would be a millionaire, I'm sure! lol Sorry if it was a stupid question....

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I said it in good fun
Message 6 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval anyway!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

...I wouldn't need an AMEX card. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got approved for the Amex ED after being blacklisted for 10 years and they backdated my member sice date to 1989. Do they backdate on the CRs as well and will this help my AAoA?

Wow, 1989? You must be really old.

Message 9 of 10
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

AMEX used to do this. However, sometime last year, they stopped reporting the MSD to the CRAs. Now the cards show the MSD but the credit reports show the actual open date / month.

Another thing is coming up : the cobranded cards that AMEX gives up to other banks (e.g JetBlue), seem to lose their backdating even if they were opened before AMEX changed their reporting policy. The account open date is set to the actual open date, not the MSD if that is a few years older.

It'll be interesting to see if this is the case for the Costco card too.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.