Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Member Since date vs AAoA

tag
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Amex Member Since date vs AAoA

Hi All,

Will Amex report my account to CB with the previous year(I used to be a member in 2000, closed in 2005 and became a member in 2013 again) ?

My Amex online access says:
"THANK YOU FOR BEING A CARDMEMBER SINCE 2000"

This is a new account, now when they report it to CB, will they report my account to be opened in 2000?

How does that work? What good can I expect for my AAoA after Amex reports my new (2013) account to CB.
I haven't called and haven't asked them for backdating.

The member since date on the online access was there automatically.

Please share.

Thanks,
codesingh

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Re: Amex Member Since date vs AAoA

@codesingh wrote:

Hi All,

Will Amex report my account to CB with the previous year(I used to be a member in 2000, closed in 2005 and became a member in 2013 again) ?

This is a new account, now when they report it to CB, will they report my account to be opened in 2000?

How does that work? What good can I expect for my AAoA after Amex reports my new (2013) account to CB.

Please share.

Thanks,
codesingh

for me, I opened a zync card in 4/2011, and then a BCE 1/13, it was backdated to 1/11 on my credit report and says member since 2011 on it

I think your new amex will help your AAoA a lot!

fico 747
Message 2 of 5
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@codesingh wrote:

Hi All,

Please share.

Thanks,
codesingh

A good rule of thumb is that what your online account shows is what is reported to the CB (and not the date on the card).  It looks like your case Amex automatically caught that you had a previous membership, so set up the account correctly.

The impact depends on the number of accounts you have on your report.  If you have very few, the impact of backdating is large, decreasing as the number of accounts increases.  (So  if this was your only account your AAoA it would go from roughly 1 month to 13 years, with 260 accounts, it would increase AAoA by 1 month!)

Message 3 of 5
codesingh
Regular Contributor

I am wondering more about the payment history...if amex reports my a/c open date as 2000, what will be on the monthly records? An "OK" for monthly reports from 2000 till now?

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 4 of 5
bs6054
Valued Contributor

One of them does exactly that (which I think is strange!), the others will start recording payments on the new card only.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.