Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Member Since

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Member Since

Thread is unlocked...

There's a prior post in this thread about India's involvement. One of the rules of this site is that a specific demographic or nationality can't be frowned upon or posted about negatively. Some of the reasons why are spelled out in the Call Center Frustrations thread. Since India was singled out, the thread was locked to do some fact checking and to make sure the intent wasn't to smear that country.

After doing a quick search, I don't see how India is involved at all with Amex's Centurion Bank. Yes, India has one of their own as mentioned, but it is two different companies and two different banks. I think there's some misinformation. In fact, Punjab's Centurion Bank is India's 12th largest bank. Why would a bank with such little assets control Amex? In fact, HDFC's total assets, according to their website, is $4.54 million based on their past fiscal year (here, but you have to convert from rupees to dollars). American Express has an asset total of over $147 billion as of last year according to Wiki. Amex is still in the US and isn't going away anytime soon.

Message 11 of 24
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

Amex reps still won't change the membership date on her account or card, but we checked her TU report and the account shows the same as mine - backdated to 2002. That's all I really care about because it's what affects your score. Small victory, I guess.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 24
john398
Senior Contributor

disreguard, I just read your not really suppose to update a personal card with a corporate card member date so I guess YMMV as well

Message 13 of 24
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Does this also stand true if one has a Corporate American Express? Can they get there personal AMerican Express back dated? sorry if this already was answered

Unfortunately from what I've seen they won't do that. They like to keep personal and business separate.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Message 14 of 24
Switch2007
Contributor

I suppose I want to understand better... I was just added as AU on my DH AMEX Blue. It says Member since 11... not 04 when he became a member. Do I care about that as long as it shows on my CR that I have his history? Someone please explain that to me? I've seen so many people comment about this, and it's making me think that perhaps it's a bigger deal than I'm able to understand.

Thanks! 

Starting Score: 08/01/2009 584
Current Score: 08/01/2011 EQ 684 EX (Lender Pull) 702 TU 712
Goal Score: 780+

Message 15 of 24
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Thread is unlocked...

There's a prior post in this thread about India's involvement. One of the rules of this site is that a specific demographic or nationality can't be frowned upon or posted about negatively. Some of the reasons why are spelled out in the Call Center Frustrations thread. Since India was singled out, the thread was locked to do some fact checking and to make sure the intent wasn't to smear that country.

After doing a quick search, I don't see how India is involved at all with Amex's Centurion Bank. Yes, India has one of their own as mentioned, but it is two different companies and two different banks. I think there's some misinformation. In fact, Punjab's Centurion Bank is India's 12th largest bank. Why would a bank with such little assets control Amex? In fact, HDFC's total assets, according to their website, is $4.54 million based on their past fiscal year (here, but you have to convert from rupees to dollars). American Express has an asset total of over $147 billion as of last year according to Wiki. Amex is still in the US and isn't going away anytime soon.

Why leave the entry with the bogus info about Punjabs Centurion Bank.   It is in bold type, several paragraphs and much more likely to be read than this post.  

I think your response as moderator is insufficient.

Message 16 of 24
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Wolf3 wrote:

Why leave the entry with the bogus info about Punjabs Centurion Bank.   It is in bold type, several paragraphs and much more likely to be read than this post.  

...because whether a poster is correct or incorrect, we won't remove posts based on the content of the information. Otherwise, half the posts in these forums would be zapped, including some of mine, yours, and others.

Message 17 of 24
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

...because whether a poster is correct or incorrect, we won't remove posts based on the content of the information. Otherwise, half the posts in these forums would be zapped, including some of mine, yours, and others.

Although it would be nice if people would edit their own posts when they find out they have given incorrect information to the extent practicable (and I am pointing that finger at myself as much as anyone else).

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Message 18 of 24
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

@llecs wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

Although it would be nice if people would edit their own posts when they find out they have given incorrect information to the extent practicable (and I am pointing that finger at myself as much as anyone else).

Good Point

RyVision please edit the false information from your post.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

THe only thing that should really matter (in my opinion) is the history on the card.  Thats why we become au's, to gain the history on the cc.  It really matters when you want to open one in your own name and it would be GREAT to have a card of your own backdated to the original account holder's member date on which you were an AU on.  I could be wrong but if it were me, that's the only reason why it would be a great deal to have a cc backdated...since it would be your own cc.  

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.