Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Member since ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Member since ??

Talk to the parents maybe they added you a long time ago never gave you the card because you forgot to take out the trash one day lol.
Message 11 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

@rom828 wrote:

You ain't kidding!! I'm walking around in my sock feet so they won't hear me!! Smiley Wink**
yes, shoes off and don't check your email for starters! lol.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 14
rom828
Established Contributor

shreco wrote:
Talk to the parents maybe they added you a long time ago never gave you the card because you forgot to take out the trash one day lol.

Nope, my parents have been deceased since 1993, and my father had 1, yes 1, credit card....a Mastercard, that he used maybe twice a year,  and then  fretted , waiting for the bill to come so he could get it paid!!!

I dunno....very curious.....but I'm just gonna keep laying low.  I don't want to be dishonest by not advising them of their error, but given their CLD ways, I don't want to have to contact them about anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message Edited by rom828 on 09-20-2008 12:09 PM
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 13 of 14
rom828
Established Contributor

Something just dawned on me that may be the reason for this change of member date.

I think this was on the 12th, may have been the 15th, when I  logged in to pay my Amex bill, my accounts all showed up,  but none of the them had any limits shown and I couldnt gain access to any of the accounts.

Of course my heart sank and I thought, this is it, they've taken it all away!

I called Amex,  and the CSR advised she'd just received email that the system was completely down and so CSRs could not access accounts in any capacity.  She advised it was supposed to be corrected within about half hour. 

Went back on line about an hour later and sure enough, everything was up and running, my balances shown etc.

I didn't notice the different date at that time....was too panicked about the possibility of having lost my CLs, but I bet that's when it happened.  With all the posts about Amex CLDs, I check my account at least one a day, or as Hauling suggested on another post....probably twice a day....and I noticed the member date on the date of my original post on the 19th, but it may have been there when they restored the system.

Doesn't this seem logical that it could have happened this way??!?!  I'm still just stymied over this, but still think my most prudent course of action at this time  is "no action" , although part of me is concerned about the dishonesty.Smiley Sad
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.