Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Membership Rewards Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Membership Rewards Question

It is surely unfortunate that I didn't take advantage of them when I got out of the Air Force. I have heard they have other great products, insurance and what not.

My girlfriend got a mortgage through them said it was wonderful! What a great tool for you Hauling!
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

And you can allways borrow points too-

Message 12 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
It is surely unfortunate that I didn't take advantage of them when I got out of the Air Force. I have heard they have other great products, insurance and what not.

My girlfriend got a mortgage through them said it was wonderful! What a great tool for you Hauling!

USAA just expanded membership to former military members who have not yet turned 35. (Don't know if you would fit this category.) This just happened within the last few weeks.

USAA Membership Eligibility

1-800-531-0839

edit to add: Whoops, sorry for the TJ! Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-21-2008 04:06 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Laser,

I opened mine in March and called CS to ask why rewards hadn't posted.  I was told it takes 2 full cycles (60 days) for the first ones to post.  You should be able to see "pending rewards" on line though.

Sovi
Message 14 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: what should i do next?

@mr_brendo wrote:

it was with citi bank. an Old MTVUniversity card they had a few years ago.  i did not know that was possible but i guess its worth a try.

and i dont NEED another card, but i was under the impression that getting a new one or two would be a good thing.

you won't be able to re-open the closed citi cards... it is so rare to be able to open closed accounts but i keep reading all the time to do it... where do people get this idea?

i don't think you need to wait either, just do it all in 1 day in a sitting.

apply to USAA

apply for navcheck CLI

now if you bt your navy to usaa then wait for the cli on the navy credit card but that probably won't effect your navcheck cli.

Message 15 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: what should i do next?

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.