cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Money Manager

tag
Adam715

Amex Money Manager

It seems like with this option I can view ALL my finances right on one site. This sounds too good to be true..is it?

Would I be able to see my checking account/savings/other credit card? Is there any type of fee associated with it?

What are you guys' opinions on it for those who have used it?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
alph4
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Money Manager

In my opinion, I'd use Mint.com

I've been using Mint for a while to keep track of everything since they haven't come out with a good version of Quicken for Mac lately.  It works well enough to keep track of spending patterns, budgets, etc.  I can access all of my checking, savings, MMA, investments, cars, and credit cards all in one place.  You can also track mortgages, car payments etc, and setup budgets for the month or week.

I haven't used the AmEx Money Manager, and while it is free, it only comes with Amex membership.  I have an AmEx but I don't want to be using it exclusively and for some reason lose my membership privileges and then lose access.

Current Cards:
American Express Blue Cash Preferred - March 2007 - CL $10,000
Citi Forward Visa Signature - September 2009 - CL $6,500
Chase Freedom - March 2011 - CL $15,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - May 2013 - CL $12,500
Discover It - November 2013 - $5,000
Barclay Arrival - January 2014 - $10,000
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's charge card only? On the plus side, the tool might save you from financial review, as they can just look at your account with them Smiley Happy. Which is also the minus side Smiley Sad.

Anyway, for financial managers, you can just use Yodlee (the original), or any of the many clones built upon it, like Mint or the BofA tool.

Message 3 of 4
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

... Which is also the minus side Smiley Sad.

RIght on.  The idea of letting some financial services behemoth have access to all my financial data gives me the creeps.  So they can "help me manage my money"?  You can do it yourself with any reasonably complete spreadsheet program.  (Of course then Bill Gates or Steve Jobs may have access through some back door --- nah, only a paranoid would think that...)

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.