Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex NEEDS to release this card in US

tag
icloud2525
Frequent Contributor

Amex NEEDS to release this card in US

https://www.americanexpress.com/au/content/credit-cards/explorer-credit-card/cm/?s_tntref=https://ww...

Come on Amex, if you want to compete with CSR, put this card out ASAP. I'd jump on this in a heartbeat. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve $32.5K, Amex BCP $20K, Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Hilton Surpass $13,500, Amex Hilton $16,200, Discover it $16,000, Citi TYP $18,900, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $12,000, Virgin Atlantic World Elite MC $13,100, Merrill+ Visa Sig $10,000, Fidelity Visa Sig $14,000, Barclay Cash Forward $16,500, Wells Fargo Rewards $12,500, Local CU $7000, Barclay Apple Rewards $5500, Chase Freedom $5000,-- EQ FICO 768, EX FICO 777, TU FICO 781
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex NEEDS to release this card in US

@icloud2525 wrote:

https://www.americanexpress.com/au/content/credit-cards/explorer-credit-card/cm/?s_tntref=https://ww...

Come on Amex, if you want to compete with CSR, put this card out ASAP. I'd jump on this in a heartbeat. 

I agree!

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 2 of 11
driftless
Valued Contributor

I have seen links to this card before; it is an attractive offering.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is on my list when I move down under! 

Message 4 of 11
azguy13
Senior Contributor

That looks almost like a carbon copy of CSR rewards. They could do better with the airport lounge access though. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's extremely common in Australia to be hit with credit card surcharges of around 2 percent on amex, if they even take it. Very common even at hotels and airlines. You do pay for your rewards
Message 6 of 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It's extremely common in Australia to be hit with credit card surcharges of around 2 percent on amex, if they even take it. Very common even at hotels and airlines. You do pay for your rewards

You pay for the rewards here, although a little bit more indirectly.. Have you ever seen the different merchant discount rates, depending on type of card..? Reards cards do generally carry a higher fee overall

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 7 of 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

What are the actual transfer ratios?

It just says the points transfer, and there's no way Australian MRs convert 1:1 to Air NZ Airpoints.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

While you are it might as well add the American Express Essential in the US. At least then I can get a card that looks like the Amex Zync Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have no control over the gross margin choices that a vendor sets.

It's the same as a cash discount at a gas station in the US, but imagine it's so pervasive that you have to choose to pay more to earn rewards, or get a cash discount at nearly every vendor around. That's Australia in a nutshell
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.