Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex New App or CLI?

tag
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

Amex New App or CLI?

I am going to apply for an Amex Plat before the end of the month.  I am also eligible to request a 3x CLI on my BCP right now.  My priority is the Plat approval, and I don’t want to jeopardize it with going after a $2,000 --> $6,000 CLI on the BCP.

My concern is I was denied my original 3x CLI at 61 days. ."Your American Express account indicates previous delinquencies".  I had a CO about 12-14 years ago, with accrued interest the total was around $2,000.

All of my other stats are good.  Under 10% utility overall, good usage & payments on BCP.

EX: 732

TU: 743

EQ: UNK

So should I play it safe and apply for the Plat first, then go for the CLI on the BCP?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex New App or CLI?

i don't think it matters but if you say plat is your priority then I would do that first just to be sure.

Message 2 of 3
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex New App or CLI?

@Creditaddict wrote:

i don't think it matters but if you say plat is your priority then I would do that first just to be sure.

+1...I agree with CreditAddict. Go with your priority card first. The best of luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.