Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex New Card Taking Forever

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex New Card Taking Forever

*Warning slight rant*

On April 7th I was approved for their Delta card and was told this would be overnighted. Fast forward to the 16th and I receive a letter telling me im approved and my fico score but no card. I call the number on the letter and explain to the rep that I have not received my card. Im placed on hold for 9 minutes and when he finally comes back he tells me that I was approved on the 13, not the 7th. I tell him the letter in my hand is postmarked on the 10th, which is when the card should go out.

He says it went out on the 13th and I should get it within 2 weeks. I ask if he can overnight a duplicate. At this he chuckles, yes chuckles, and says no. This infuriates me since I can barely understand him. I hang up and call centurion immediately. The rep (American this time) apologies several times and issues a new card, telling me it will be here by tomorrow.

I can see why people who aren't yet in with Amex and are trying to get a card complain a bit.

Rep for new accounts - 20 min call with nothing done.

Cent rep - 3 min call with card overnighted.

*rant over*

On the other hand I do like the starting limit - 12K. Im not likely to place this much on Delta anyway but its great for uti.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex New Card Taking Forever

My experience with Amex customer service has been hit or miss too. These days I try to do everything online when possible.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex New Card Taking Forever

@Anonymous wrote:

My experience with Amex customer service has been hit or miss too. These days I try to do everything online when possible.

Ive noticed this recently. If I can avoid calling, I usually do. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.