Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex No Longer Backdating to Credit Bureaus

tag
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex No Longer Backdating to Credit Bureau's

Mixed about this sure it looks good on the surface but i've always questioned the impact if manual review at least during the first 7 yrs as during that time its obvious when the account was opened.
Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 121 of 749
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

Nixon, I didn't say they actually ARE accurate. Just that accuracy is the Goal, one which backdating doesn't promote.
Message 122 of 749
Chilli
Established Contributor

@ksantangelo23 wrote:
*hysterical laughter* Chilli said its ok so its all ok.. Right..

No, I didn't say, "it's ok"

what i reported was what was told to me....

Message 123 of 749
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Just kidding Chilli Smiley Happy
AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 124 of 749
score_building
Senior Contributor

The over abundance of threads re: D* may eventually contribute to its downfall sooner or later, in any case, sadly. not to mention the unannointed callers actually using the term backdate and clumsily spell out intent for csr on recorded calls. There's probably something to be said for discretion...Doh! Smiley Sad

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 125 of 749
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Just spoke to Kenneth Chenault and he was not able to confirm this.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 126 of 749
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kostya1992 wrote:

Just spoke to Kenneth Chenault and he was not able to confirm this.

Smiley LOL

Message 127 of 749
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Hmm. I believe credit companies are not allowed to base your credit score and such on your age... i wonder if you could get that note removed based on that.

I believe the note is there to alert the consumer of potential fraudulent accounts being reported, since it is unusual for minors to have established credit let alone a two year old lol Creditors likely can't see the notations, it's never come up except for one manual review that noticed the account was opened about two years after my birth xD

@deltatee wrote:
It's a good thing because Amex is reporting inaccurate information which is against the spirit of accurate credit reporting.

It bites for consumers because a lot of us dislike the hit to AAoA associated with getting a new card. Backdating improves consumer credit scores.

It's good for issuers too. They now get a more accurate picture and risk analysis of the consumer rather than artificially inflated stats. People will complain and miss it, but ultimately if you open an account today it should report as opened on April 3, 2015 not April 3, 1975 or whatever the MSD is.

Message 128 of 749
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Hmm. I believe credit companies are not allowed to base your credit score and such on your age... i wonder if you could get that note removed based on that.

I believe the note is there to alert the consumer of potential fraudulent accounts being reported, since it is unusual for minors to have established credit let alone a two year old lol Creditors likely can't see the notations, it's never come up except for one manual review that noticed the account was opened about two years after my birth xD

@deltatee wrote:
It's a good thing because Amex is reporting inaccurate information which is against the spirit of accurate credit reporting.

It bites for consumers because a lot of us dislike the hit to AAoA associated with getting a new card. Backdating improves consumer credit scores.

It's good for issuers too. They now get a more accurate picture and risk analysis of the consumer rather than artificially inflated stats. People will complain and miss it, but ultimately if you open an account today it should report as opened on April 3, 2015 not April 3, 1975 or whatever the MSD is.

Have to understand that closed accounts fall off after 10 years. That in itself makes reports not accuate. If someone had AMEX in the 90s there is no harm for AMEX to backdate because that is when the buisness relationship started. Matter of opinion.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 129 of 749
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mxp114 wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@deltatee wrote:

All it does is make a slippery slope even slippier.

Message 130 of 749
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.