Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex No Longer Backdating to Credit Bureaus

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex No Longer Backdating to Credit Bureau's

@NycKid175 wrote:

Is unfortunate that this policy has changed since it was one of the great perks of having a AMEX account but I just want to hear it straight from the horses mouth that's why I am going to get on the horn on Monday morning to verify this and report back.

Bring a Certs with you Smiley Happy 

btw it makes no difference that you were a "loyal customer" for X years, it's not a punishment, just a done deal.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 531 of 749
Open123
Super Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

It would be difficult to quibble with your point but they didn't do it without consent.  The thing that I find curious is that the new regs are supposed to help the average consumer.  The benefit of backdating was one of the few things that actually leaned in favor of customers. 

Right, the irony is, if true, the Regulators are taking away one of the few things that actually benefited consumers.  

Message 532 of 749
NycKid175
New Contributor

LoL well like I said I am going to try if they can do it for me great but if they don't that's fine with me everything good must come to an end I guess we just have to deal with it Smiley Happy

Message 533 of 749
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@NycKid175 wrote:

LoL well like I said I am going to try if they can do it for me great but if they don't that's fine with me everything good must come to an end I guess we just have to deal with it Smiley Happy

^^Gosh, wouldn't it suck if and when you call on Monday and they inform you they have to change all your cards to their respective dates??  LOL  Smiley LOL  jk

Well, thank goodness I got my 3rd and last Amex on 1/31/15 and all 3 are shown as "88" Smiley Very Happy

Had I never stumbled upon these boards or MyFico.com specifically, I never would of known of this "perk" or "privilege" for long standing membership.

BCE, Hilton, JetBlue

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 534 of 749
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@NycKid175 wrote:

Is unfortunate that this policy has changed since it was one of the great perks of having a AMEX account but I just want to hear it straight from the horses mouth that's why I am going to get on the horn on Monday morning to verify this and report back.

Please do not call Amex and reference "backdating", its best to chill out and get more data points before bring more attention to this situation.

Message 535 of 749
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
This thread is going to reach 200 pages of the same back and forth whining.

It's their policy, it's effective now, get used to it. It was a nice perk, one that they are not obligated to provide and we should be thankful for those cards that backdated us 15+ years. But guess what? Everything comes to an end.

+ 1

Message 536 of 749
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's their policy, it's effective now, get used to it. It was a nice perk, one that they are not obligated to provide and we should be thankful for those cards that backdated us 15+ years. But guess what? Everything comes to an end.

+ 1

Just can't get used to ye old utilization buffer.  I got my card in October 2014, don't even know if the business card is backdated for reporting purpose (it's a 100 or more for a business credit report, gotta space those out, and no annual free Smiley Wink).

Was planning on an app  for another consumer card in 2017, but I can ixne that idea,  though I will see how this is playing out in summer.  Dunno if I want any of their delta products, even though SEA is hub for delta and AS.

Signature needs updating
Message 537 of 749
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+ 1

Just can't get used to ye old utilization buffer.  I got my card in October 2014, don't even know if the business card is backdated for reporting purpose (it's a 100 or more for a business credit report, gotta space those out, and no annual free Smiley Wink).

Was planning on an app  for another consumer card in 2017, but I can ixne that idea,  though I will see how this is playing out in summer.  Dunno if I want any of their delta products, even though SEA is hub for delta and AS.

By 2017, your AAoA will have increased and the hit won't be as bad.  I got the EDin December that backdated to 1990.  I thought about going for PRG that same night but decided not to push my luck.  I used the ED heavily for 3 mos and then apped for and got approved for the PRG.  Then I learned about the new reporting standards, literally 10 mins after I apped.  I thought my AAoA was going to be trashed, but when I stepped back and remembered all the older accts I had, I realized it really wasn't going to be that bad. I even went for the Gold Delta the next day, which, of course, was another HP, but worth it.  I will get a lot of use and rewards out of both cards. 

Message 538 of 749
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

A friend of mine just got approved for an AMEX green charge card and after calling several times, to have his member since date corrected; they closed his account with no explanation.

Yesterday, he applied for AMEX everyday was instant decline.

There has to be more to this story.  They wouldn't close your card because you asked about MSD.  Something else caused Amex to shut down his card.

That's what thought before I saw the website.

Huh?  What website are you talking about?

+1?

AMEX website showing account closed.

Message 539 of 749
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@IowaGuy wrote:
I'm canceling my amex cards this AM. I'm a vote with my dollars kind of guy. My credit score is over 750 so it won't ding me much if at all.

There are enough competing products to chose from. Amex needs people like me more than I need them.

I got my 2nd card just after the cut off. I don't find Amex to be worth the annual fees anymore. So many benifits lost over the years, and not much prestige anymore.

Due to bank merging, competition is shrinking and many banks are no longer excist to compete.

Message 540 of 749
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.