Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex No Longer Backdating to Credit Bureaus

tag
PDXoriginal
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex No Longer Backdating to Credit Bureaus

It has nothing to do with the Costco split, some of you are in serious deinal, back dating is not coming back.

Message 721 of 749
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@PDXoriginal wrote:

It has nothing to do with the Costco split, some of you are in serious deinal, back dating is not coming back.

LOL Smiley Very Happy

Message 722 of 749
Lyythine
Established Contributor

Good Lord. I go away for 2 months and this thread is still alive?!?!

Much like Tupac, Elvis and D.B. Cooper, MSD back-dating is dead. If we all accept it, we can all go sweetly into the night together. Smiley Wink

Message 723 of 749
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Lyythine wrote:

Much like Tupac, Elvis and D.B. Cooper, MSD back-dating is dead. If we all accept it, we can all go sweetly into the night together. Smiley Wink

Yes, seriously. Can we just let this go? Amex is just like any other issuer now. No backdating. It's time to move on with our lives.

Message 724 of 749
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the odds of D.B. Cooper being alive are better than those of backdating coming back.

Message 725 of 749
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lyythine wrote:

I'm not sure about that. I saw a backdated Amex hanging out at 7-11 the other day.

Message 726 of 749
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

I don't know about DB or Tupac, but Elvis goes by the name Jon Cotner these days. Check out his YouTube channel, JonCotner1835.

Message 727 of 749
yfan
Valued Contributor

Soo.... is Amex backdating coming back? Smiley Very Happy Smiley LOL

Message 728 of 749
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@yfan wrote:

Probably not, as they were forced to stop, but a friend told me his cousin's neighbour's aunt knows someone who works at Amex, and to "make up" for backdating going away, they plan to do SP for new cards for existing members, and, if the cardholder requests, not to report new accounts so that AAoA isn't impacted.   So that would be good.    

Message 729 of 749
yfan
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@yfan wrote:

Probably not, as they were forced to stop, but a friend told me his cousin's neighbour's aunt knows someone who works at Amex, and to "make up" for backdating going away, they plan to do SP for new cards for existing members, and, if the cardholder requests, not to report new accounts so that AAoA isn't impacted.   So that would be good.    

Sounds a lot like my aunt's neighbor's cousin's friend, actually...

Message 730 of 749
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.