Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex No Longer Backdating to Credit Bureaus

tag
mato01
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex No Longer Backdating to Credit Bureau's

Disappointing, as I was hoping that my MSD of 1990 would help with the 3 new cards I opened in my March App Spree. If the effective date is March 21 reporting, I guess I missed the cutoff because my Delta card approved on March 13, has not reported.

In the Garden until 6/1/2016
Mar 2014: All Scores in the 520 range.
FEB 2016: myFICO: EQ 660, TU 682 EX 681
Message 51 of 749
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been a memeber since 1999, I opened a new Platinum card with them that statemented on the 30th and an everyday card that statemented today. They should be hitting the CRA soon. I will update as soon they hit with what I see. 

Message 52 of 749
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yes I will update this thread when my BCE starts reporting. I was approved on March 16. Fingers crossed. Smiley Frustrated
Message 53 of 749
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

One real way to know is if a current member app's for a card and check their CR when it reports. This really blows!!

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 54 of 749
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

I'm so glad I have my 3 AMEX cards..though this is a bummer. A bummer for sure.

Edit: NVM, my HHonors hasn't reported yet..

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 55 of 749
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bummer. I was so looking forward to adding over 35 years to my file with each new app. 

Message 56 of 749
Chilli
Established Contributor

Hmmmm. I just got off the telephone with a supervisor and was told this is not the case...they will still backdate accounts.🙏🙏🙏🙏

Message 57 of 749
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been a memeber since 1999, I opened a new Platinum card with them that statemented on the 30th and an everyday card that statemented today. They should be hitting the CRA soon. I will update as soon they hit with what I see. 

Do the cards show your 1999 MSD in your online account? That will be the real test if it appears there, but is not reported as such.

Message 58 of 749
travisr0
Contributor

@Chilli wrote:

Hmmmm. I just got off the telephone with a supervisor and was told this is not the case...they will still backdate accounts.🙏🙏🙏🙏

What number did you call to verify this? to many conflicting stories around. need some more validity

Experian 756 // Equifax 764 // Transunion 759 // AAoA 5.7 years

Message 59 of 749
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chilli wrote:

Okay, so far two Amex reps say yes and one says no.

Message 60 of 749
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.