Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex No Longer Backdating to Credit Bureaus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex No Longer Backdating to Credit Bureau's

@Anonymous wrote:
I apped for my BCP full expecting an AAoA hit, then I read that it'll be backdated, now I'm reading that it won't be.

Such an emotional rollercoaster, especially for folks like me whose activations and first CRA reports are going to straddle the alleged cutoff.

I really feel bad for those who may have apped just for the backdating, but as others have said it was sort of a shady perk anyway.

Shady perk? It was THE one big reason not to burn AMEX. I'm downgrading the BSP to a BS and PRG to a Sr. Green in August and keeping the ED. I got 7yrs BD on three cards so far and I intend to keep em.

Message 81 of 749
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Up next: get ready to wave that 61-day 3X CLI good-bye!

Message 82 of 749
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like I won't be apping anything AMEX for a while.

I don't believe you for a second, Nix. You're the new CreditAddict! Smiley Very Happy

Message 83 of 749
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't believe you for a second, Nix. You're the new CreditAddict! Smiley Very Happy

How? I don't do store cards much...

Message 84 of 749
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How? I don't do store cards much...

Maybe not, but you've been escaping the laser-grid of the garden far too frequently!. Fine, you're the CA of real credit cards :-P

Although I might follow your lead and downgrade my BCP to a BCE. I've been debating it for a while, since my DW and I both have SM. 

Message 85 of 749
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Nixon iced his EX so he cant get amex even if he wanted to Smiley Happy

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 86 of 749
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mitchblue wrote:

That settles it then..oh well.

@Anonymous wrote:
Appears to be the case. I applied for an ED and a green card on 12/31, they both reported opening dates backdated to 2004. Applied for a PRG 2 weeks later, which didn't report until 3/25.

Reports show opening date of 2015.

Needless to say I'm not happy.

Don't think that settles it.  There have always been lots of cases of cards not backdating correctly and needed a call to fix it.

Message 87 of 749
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Well I hope you're right. At least I have two that are backdated..

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mitchblue wrote:

That settles it then..oh well.

@Anonymous wrote:
Appears to be the case. I applied for an ED and a green card on 12/31, they both reported opening dates backdated to 2004. Applied for a PRG 2 weeks later, which didn't report until 3/25.

Reports show opening date of 2015.

Needless to say I'm not happy.

Don't think that settles it.  There have always been lots of cases of cards not backdating correctly and needed a call to fix it.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 88 of 749
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was planning on getting my first AmEx, the BCP, next month Smiley Frustrated! Might just go Sallie Mae now!

Message 89 of 749
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I apped for my BCP full expecting an AAoA hit, then I read that it'll be backdated, now I'm reading that it won't be.

Such an emotional rollercoaster, especially for folks like me whose activations and first CRA reports are going to straddle the alleged cutoff.

I really feel bad for those who may have apped just for the backdating, but as others have said it was sort of a shady perk anyway.

Shady perk? It was THE one big reason not to burn AMEX. I'm downgrading the BSP to a BS and PRG to a Sr. Green in August and keeping the ED. I got 7yrs BD on three cards so far and I intend to keep em.

Shady and awesome are not mutually exclusive!

Message 90 of 749
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.