cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex - No Record of Credit Line Increase...?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex - No Record of Credit Line Increase...?

So I waited and waited and am finally eligible for a CLI on an Amex card, but got the email of the decision and it said:

We're Sorry

No record of a Line or Spending Increase was found for the selected account.If you applied for a Line or Spending Increase,please call 1-800-952-7562.

What does that mean?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex - No Record of Credit Line Increase...?

@Anonymous wrote:

So I waited and waited and am finally eligible for a CLI on an Amex card, but got the email of the decision and it said:

We're Sorry

No record of a Line or Spending Increase was found for the selected account.If you applied for a Line or Spending Increase,please call 1-800-952-7562.

What does that mean?

That's very strange. I'd call the number but I'd also try again.  Won't hurt anything to try again.

Message 2 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

Weird maybe you didn't finish processing but strange you got an email 

Agree to call 

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, I have one card with $3k and 2 cards with $1k each (yeah, probably shouldn't have applied for the latter two at the time).

They only ever give 3x CLI right? So if I want max available I should go with the $3k > $9k yeah?

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, I have one card with $3k and 2 cards with $1k each (yeah, probably shouldn't have applied for the latter two at the time).

They only ever give 3x CLI right? So if I want max available I should go with the $3k > $9k yeah?

Occasionally they will grant more than 3X but that's very rare.  You can always ask for more.  They'll counter if you're approved at all.

Message 5 of 20
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Had a similar situation on my ED. Since it is my last amex addition, I had to wait the six month mark. When I thought I was clear, I tried for my 3x, and got that exact message, after submission, and status check. I waited another two weeks, and proceeded with a redo on 3x, which went through immediately.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm... I suppose I could wait, but it's been over 6 months now...

I want those little cards to be bigger, but it would probably help my credit profile to just raise the $3k to $9k and then spend the next 2 years slowly getting those tiny ones up... lol

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alternatively.....I could always apply for the ED and see how much they like me AND do the CLI..... hmmmm.....

Message 8 of 20
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I'd recommend the waiting a hair longer for CLI attempt, before adding a newer card.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG I'm wrong - I just used an online calculator - my last CLI was 11/19 - and from then until now is 179 days! Oops! 

Guess I'll try tomorrow when it's actually 180 days... lol

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.