Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Not Reporting Two Months Behind

tag
Eric958
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Not Reporting Two Months Behind

I just checked...They updated!!!!!!!! It's ok I'm done applying anyway. I did get the BOA amex I wanted for back up in case amex decides to cld my acct, since they sent me the $600 cld letter. I suppose they think I'm going to pay off the 1500 bal quicker {which I was} but in stead I'll pay off someone else since paying them off will only be good for them! They said I could carry a bal, I just wanted 2 mths on the blu but 31 days was all it took.

I still like amex. Their just trying not to lose their shirt in the current credit climate.

E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 11 of 22
fused
Moderator Emeritus

lurknomore wrote:
I don't know if it's because I have a ""revolver" and you have a "charger", but mine is still reporting 2 months behind.  Oh, Amex.  {sigh}

fused wrote:
I pulled my reports at CreditSecure and noticed that Amex updated my Plat card account with my most recent statement balance of July. Anyone else? Is it possible Amex might be getting it's act together with more timely updating.

My Clear statements cut on the 30th or 31st, I'll check this account at Chase ID Protection.
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read this thread and got curious.  Just pulled from Credit Secure and my three Amex cards are all reporting the July statement balance.  WOW

Smiley Happy.
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed that a week or so ago, and thought I must be seeing things, and then promptly forgot about it. But yep - the balance they reported sometime in mid/late July is definitely my June statement balance - go AmEx!!! Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 22
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Hi fused. I noticed this too. Amex normally reports my balance 6 weeks after the statement. This month they only reported 2 weeks after my statement.
Here we go again...
Message 15 of 22
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

My July 3rd balance is now on EX and EQ
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:

I guess I still don't understand what's changed.  Haven't they always reported the early-month statement balance at the end of that month?

Are you saying that at the end of June they reported your statement balance from early May?  So now you're surprised that at the end of July they reported the balance from early July instead of from early June?

Message Edited by cheddar on 08-01-2008 06:54 AM
Message 17 of 22
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MidnightVoice wrote:

I guess I still don't understand what's changed.  Haven't they always reported the early-month statement balance at the end of that month?

Are you saying that at the end of June they reported your statement balance from early May?  So now you're surprised that at the end of July they reported the balance from early July instead of from early June?

Message Edited by cheddar on 08-01-2008 06:54 AM

For me, and I guess a lot of others, Amex would report the statement balance from April at the end of May. Like being a month and a half behind. This month, they reported the July balance at the end of July.
Here we go again...
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

FretlessMayhem wrote:

For me, and I guess a lot of others, Amex would report the statement balance from April at the end of May. Like being a month and a half behind. This month, they reported the July balance at the end of July.

Really?  Wow, that surprises me.  I guess I've just been lucky from the beginning then, because they've always reported my statement balance from the 3rd of each month on the 29th of that same month.

Message 19 of 22
Eric958
Established Contributor

@Eric958 wrote:
I just checked...They updated!!!!!!!! It's ok I'm done applying anyway. I did get the BOA amex I wanted for back up in case amex decides to cld my acct, since they sent me the $600 cld letter. I suppose they think I'm going to pay off the 1500 bal quicker {which I was} but in stead I'll pay off someone else since paying them off will only be good for them! They said I could carry a bal, I just wanted 2 mths on the blu but 31 days was all it took.

I still like amex. Their just trying not to lose their shirt in the current credit climate.

E!

Fico Alert...-16 dang eq down to 634! wonder how long it will take to recover? I've already commited to no apping till total util is less then 10%.

E

Never Give Up!!
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.