Reply
Frequent Contributor
Eric958
Posts: 371
Registered: ‎04-19-2007
0

Re: Amex Not Reporting Two Months Behind

I just checked...They updated!!!!!!!! It's ok I'm done applying anyway. I did get the BOA amex I wanted for back up in case amex decides to cld my acct, since they sent me the $600 cld letter. I suppose they think I'm going to pay off the 1500 bal quicker {which I was} but in stead I'll pay off someone else since paying them off will only be good for them! They said I could carry a bal, I just wanted 2 mths on the blu but 31 days was all it took.

I still like amex. Their just trying not to lose their shirt in the current credit climate.

E!
Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,336
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: Amex Not Reporting Two Months Behind



lurknomore wrote:
I don't know if it's because I have a ""revolver" and you have a "charger", but mine is still reporting 2 months behind.  Oh, Amex.  {sigh}
 


fused wrote:
I pulled my reports at CreditSecure and noticed that Amex updated my Plat card account with my most recent statement balance of July. Anyone else? Is it possible Amex might be getting it's act together with more timely updating.


 
My Clear statements cut on the 30th or 31st, I'll check this account at Chase ID Protection.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (08-22-2014): EQ 820, EX 817, TU 815
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Credit Cards -
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa 10K
Frequent Contributor
Scout65
Posts: 352
Registered: ‎12-09-2007
0

Re: Amex Not Reporting Two Months Behind

I read this thread and got curious.  Just pulled from Credit Secure and my three Amex cards are all reporting the July statement balance.  WOW
 
:smileyhappy:.
FICOs as of 09/2009 - TU 813, EQ 811, last known EX 797
FICOs as of 08/2009 - TU 791, EQ 809, last known EX 797
FICOs as of 07/2009 - TU 806, EQ 809, last known EX 797
Established Contributor
fevmlo
Posts: 640
Registered: ‎03-28-2008
0

Re: Amex Not Reporting Two Months Behind

I noticed that a week or so ago, and thought I must be seeing things, and then promptly forgot about it. But yep - the balance they reported sometime in mid/late July is definitely my June statement balance - go AmEx!!! :smileyhappy:
EQ: 723 / TU: 760 (August 2009)
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎08-03-2007
0

Re: Amex Not Reporting Two Months Behind

Hi fused. I noticed this too. Amex normally reports my balance 6 weeks after the statement. This month they only reported 2 weeks after my statement.
Here we go again...
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice
Posts: 8,158
Registered: ‎03-25-2007
0

Re: Amex Not Reporting Two Months Behind

My July 3rd balance is now on EX and EQ
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0

Re: Amex Not Reporting Two Months Behind

[ Edited ]


MidnightVoice wrote:
My July 3rd balance is now on EX and EQ


I guess I still don't understand what's changed.  Haven't they always reported the early-month statement balance at the end of that month?
 
Are you saying that at the end of June they reported your statement balance from early May?  So now you're surprised that at the end of July they reported the balance from early July instead of from early June?
 


Message Edited by cheddar on 08-01-2008 06:54 AM
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎08-03-2007
0

Re: Amex Not Reporting Two Months Behind



cheddar wrote:








MidnightVoice wrote:

My July 3rd balance is now on EX and EQ




I guess I still don't understand what's changed.  Haven't they always reported the early-month statement balance at the end of that month?

 

Are you saying that at the end of June they reported your statement balance from early May?  So now you're surprised that at the end of July they reported the balance from early July instead of from early June?

 


Message Edited by cheddar on 08-01-2008 06:54 AM




For me, and I guess a lot of others, Amex would report the statement balance from April at the end of May. Like being a month and a half behind. This month, they reported the July balance at the end of July.
Here we go again...
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0

Re: Amex Not Reporting Two Months Behind



FretlessMayhem wrote:

For me, and I guess a lot of others, Amex would report the statement balance from April at the end of May. Like being a month and a half behind. This month, they reported the July balance at the end of July.

Really?  Wow, that surprises me.  I guess I've just been lucky from the beginning then, because they've always reported my statement balance from the 3rd of each month on the 29th of that same month.

 
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Frequent Contributor
Eric958
Posts: 371
Registered: ‎04-19-2007
0

Re: Amex Not Reporting Two Months Behind



Eric958 wrote:
I just checked...They updated!!!!!!!! It's ok I'm done applying anyway. I did get the BOA amex I wanted for back up in case amex decides to cld my acct, since they sent me the $600 cld letter. I suppose they think I'm going to pay off the 1500 bal quicker {which I was} but in stead I'll pay off someone else since paying them off will only be good for them! They said I could carry a bal, I just wanted 2 mths on the blu but 31 days was all it took.

I still like amex. Their just trying not to lose their shirt in the current credit climate.

E!




Fico Alert...-16 dang eq down to 634! wonder how long it will take to recover? I've already commited to no apping till total util is less then 10%.


E

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+