Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Oasis Program

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Oasis Program

I have the Optima Oasis card also. Opened in April 2016 after invitation to pay off my old CO balance. It's good to know you can get another card without having to close the Oasis.

How did you get them to backdate yours? I've read n here many times that they no longer do that. I'd love for them to backdate mine to 1995!!!
Message 21 of 26
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have the Optima Oasis card also. Opened in April 2016 after invitation to pay off my old CO balance. It's good to know you can get another card without having to close the Oasis.

How did you get them to backdate yours? I've read n here many times that they no longer do that. I'd love for them to backdate mine to 1995!!!

Nobody got their card backdated after March 21, 2015. You can only get your "member since" date backdated on your card.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 22 of 26
pifhluk
Established Member

It's 6+ years old. Past SOL in my state so you would think they would gladly take the money that they will never be able to collect. I would like to do it because I hear that it reports from the first date you had the card. 

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for starting this thread. It's very informative.Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@darwin_wins wrote:
Oasis program is invite only. If AmEx or one of its CA contacts you, you can ask for it in exchange of paying off the debt you owe. They may or may not offer you.

Did you burn AmEx? If so, for how much. How old is it?

When I paid my charge off last year I called every number I could find.  It took about 5 or 6 calls to finally reach the right dept.  Anyway,  they looked it up and said I was not eligible.    

My charge off was in 2011 and they said the last offer I had on file for the OASIS card was in 2012 and there was no way to ask for it at this point. 

Hope others have better results.  I  went ahead and paid it, (after all, I owed them, lol)\\

Message 25 of 26
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@darwin_wins wrote:
Oasis program is invite only. If AmEx or one of its CA contacts you, you can ask for it in exchange of paying off the debt you owe. They may or may not offer you.

Did you burn AmEx? If so, for how much. How old is it?

When I paid my charge off last year I called every number I could find.  It took about 5 or 6 calls to finally reach the right dept.  Anyway,  they looked it up and said I was not eligible.    

My charge off was in 2011 and they said the last offer I had on file for the OASIS card was in 2012 and there was no way to ask for it at this point. 

Hope others have better results.  I  went ahead and paid it, (after all, I owed them, lol)\\

When they called me I told them that I am only going to pay it off if they offer me Oasis card. But this was when a CA under AmEx authority called me, rather than just AmEx global collections.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.