tag
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Oasis - Updates/Experiences

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

I guess there is hope for those of us who were dropped with accounts in good standing.   

I might apply when my credit improves.

You can always get a bank-issued AmEx like those issued by USAA, BOA, Citibank or even PenFed.

I don't care that much about the AMEX network.    I really only want the "member since 1989"  back.   

Smart move. 

Same here. I really only want my history "member since 1988"  back.   I just wonder if Amex is looking at the Oasis program differently given the economy. I'm also curious to know if anyone on the program received cancellations, CLD's or interest rate hikes. I want avoid any foreseeable pitfalls if possible. I know it's hard to predict. I'm just curious...

10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BBYGRL wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

I guess there is hope for those of us who were dropped with accounts in good standing.   

I might apply when my credit improves.

You can always get a bank-issued AmEx like those issued by USAA, BOA, Citibank or even PenFed.

I don't care that much about the AMEX network.    I really only want the "member since 1989"  back.   

Smart move. 

Same here. I really only want my history "member since 1988"  back.   I just wonder if Amex is looking at the Oasis program differently given the economy. I'm also curious to know if anyone on the program received cancellations, CLD's or interest rate hikes. I want avoid any foreseeable pitfalls if possible. I know it's hard to predict. I'm just curious...

It would truly suck to pay them a lot of money to be able to qualify for the Oasis program only to find they cancel the new card after a few months ... or even a year. 

Message 12 of 118
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

That's true but I have to admit that I have to share some of the blame if that happens. I'm still at the "we'll see" stage. 

6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Message 13 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BBYGRL wrote:

That's true but I have to admit that I have to share some of the blame if that happens. I'm still at the "we'll see" stage. 

How do you figure you share some of the blame?

Message 14 of 118
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

I would be foolish to think that they would treat me good in the Oasis program when cardholders in good standing with them were treated so poorly.

6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Message 15 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BBYGRL wrote:

I would be foolish to think that they would treat me good in the Oasis program when cardholders in good standing with them were treated so poorly.

Unfortunately, true.

Message 16 of 118
joestay
Frequent Contributor

what is Amex Oasis?

Message 17 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joestay wrote:

what is Amex Oasis?

It's a program where former AmEx cardholders that owe AmEx money are offered a new AmEx card if they pay their old debt in full.  It removes you from their blacklist and gives you a card with a CL equal to a percentage -- maybe half -- of what you previously had.

Message 18 of 118
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure about now, but in the past, Amex not only gave you a new card that is back dated and remove you from their blacklist, they also removed all delinqs and derogs from your credit reports too. 

Message 19 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

I'm not sure about now, but in the past, Amex not only gave you a new card that is back dated and remove you from their blacklist, they also removed all delinqs and derogs from your credit reports too. 

Now THAT would be an incentive!

Message 20 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.