Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Oasis - Updates/Experiences

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Oasis - Updates/Experiences

It would be great if they gave the history back--in my case 1996. I don't recall owing anything but I get some offer from them occasionally. I see them softing me very regularly but I've never seen a report with them as a listed creditor.

Message 21 of 118
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

I've posted this before, but I didn't use the Oasis program to pay off a charged off AMEX account with a member date of 1989.  I contacted the collections department and they told me what the charged off balance was and I paid it off in full.  I guess this removed me from the 'blacklist' and I was able to open up a AMEX Blue card with a 12000 limit.  

The people I spoke with in the collections department said the Oasis program isn't being offered anymore.

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 22 of 118
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

@bakalao2k wrote:

I've posted this before, but I didn't use the Oasis program to pay off a charged off AMEX account with a member date of 1989.  I contacted the collections department and they told me what the charged off balance was and I paid it off in full.  I guess this removed me from the 'blacklist' and I was able to open up a AMEX Blue card with a 12000 limit.  

The people I spoke with in the collections department said the Oasis program isn't being offered anymore.

"The Oasis program isn't being offered anymore" - That's interesting. I wonder if this happened before or after the gov bailout?  When did you pay off your balance and how long did it take for you to get your new card? I guess you didn't get your history back hua?

Has anyone posted that they received an Oasis offer lately? I just received a settlement offer. I plan on paying it off soon but I dare not let them know until I'm ready. I refuse to reset the SOL.

10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BBYGRL wrote:

@bakalao2k wrote:

"The Oasis program isn't being offered anymore" - That's interesting. I wonder if this happened before or after the gov bailout?  When did you pay off your balance and how long did it take for you to get your new card? I guess you didn't get your history back hua?

Has anyone posted that they received an Oasis offer lately? I just received a settlement offer. I plan on paying it off soon but I dare not let them know until I'm ready. I refuse to reset the SOL.

I have seen Oasis offers from February of this year. 

Two of the AmEx collections departments -- one in Omaha and one in Atlanta -- will offer you Oasis if you call them and say that's the only way you'll pay them off.

Message 24 of 118
cd73
Established Member

I was offered oasis sometime in March, decided not to participate since my CL would have been $500, 1/2 of what I owed them. Later last month got approved for their Zync card with a member since 1992 date. I'm waiting a month to check my CR to se what it says for opening date, see if it increases my chances of gaining history.
Message 25 of 118
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@cd73 wrote:
I was offered oasis sometime in March, decided not to participate since my CL would have been $500, 1/2 of what I owed them. Later last month got approved for their Zync card with a member since 1992 date. I'm waiting a month to check my CR to se what it says for opening date, see if it increases my chances of gaining history.

Now this is interesting stuff! It goes against all that we were led to believe. If you don't mind, how much did you owe them, when did you default on your account, what are your scores now, and what sort of terms did you get on the Zync?

Message 26 of 118
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

@cd73 wrote:

Now this is interesting stuff! It goes against all that we were led to believe. If you don't mind, how much did you owe them, when did you default on your account, what are your scores now, and what sort of terms did you get on the Zync?

What is the Zync card? How is is different from the other cards?

6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Message 27 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrShush wrote:

@cd73 wrote:

You aren't sassuming that cd73 obtained the new AmEx card while still in default on the original card, are you?

My understanding from a previous post was that he paid off the default, but chose not to go into Oasis.  Then, after being removed from the AmEx blacklist, he applied for the new AmEx card on his own.

Message 28 of 118
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

@cd73 wrote:

You aren't sassuming that cd73 obtained the new AmEx card while still in default on the original card, are you?

My understanding from a previous post was that he paid off the default, but chose not to go into Oasis.  Then, after being removed from the AmEx blacklist, he applied for the new AmEx card on his own.

Rats! Yes, I was assuming that scenario as he left that crucial bit of information out of his reply.

Message 29 of 118
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

@cd73 wrote:

Rats! Yes, I was assuming that scenario as he left that crucial bit of information out of his reply.

That is a critial piece of information. Smiley Very Happy  You have to pay off the debt to get back in their good graces.

6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Message 30 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.