Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Oasis - Updates/Experiences

tag
cd73
Established Member

Re: Amex Oasis - Updates/Experiences

Yes I did have to pay my debt off, I owed $985, for 18 years, but it sat with AMEX. I did/do have an AMEX Corporate card since 05 which probably helped my situation a little bit, although doesn't show up on my credit. This card did have to be backed by my employer before they would issue it though. AMEX can be tough but forgiving in the end.
Message 31 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are people still receiving product changes at 1 year?

I received my Optima in mid October of 2009 with a $700 CL (paid a $2400 charge off).  It is my lowest limit card by far.  I'm half tempted to close it, wait a couple of months, and then apply for what I'd rather have.  On the other hand, maybe I ought to just wait till 1 year and see what happens.  Decisions, Decisions.

Message 32 of 118
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

Since it's been more than 6 months, I wonder if you can up upgrade your card so you won't lose your history? Personally, I wouldn't close the account.  Did they contact you about the program or did you inquire?

10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 33 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I'll inevitably wait it out till 1 year.  A month ago, I decided I would apply for an additional AMEX and was deinied.  I forget the reason, but it was something to the effect of "existing account too new to rate" or whatever.  I think I'll wait till the INQ ages to 6 months which happens to be close to my 1 year Oasis anniversary. 

I never received a mailer inviting me to the program.  I had to talk to about 4 or 5 different CSRs (none of them were helpful) until I decided to write to the CEO.  My letter resulted in a call back from someone at their corporate offices who offered me entry into the program.

Message 34 of 118
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Hello,

I did the OASIS program.  I owed 1500 and finished paying that off in Nov. 09.  A couple weeks later I received the paperwork to get the OASIS card.  December 24, 2009 I received the card with a $900 limit.  I have not had any problems with them so far and the interest rate is pretty much the same rate that I had with the original blue card.  The only issue that I have is that on the phone I was told that they would delete the old account from my credit reports but that did not occur.  I refuse to call them on it as I am not trying to get anyone with a bad attitude and then all of a sudden no more card!

I wanted to pay them there money so either way in the program or not they were getting their money.  Good luck to anyone who choses to go this route.

E.

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Message 35 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told the same thing that the account would be removed.  I chose not to push the issue either.

Just recently, the account disappeared (sooner than 7 years).  This would have been about at the 6 month mark.

Message 36 of 118
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was told the same thing that the account would be removed.  I chose not to push the issue either.

Just recently, the account disappeared (sooner than 7 years).  This would have been about at the 6 month mark.

That would totally make my month if it somehow disappeared now instead of in 2012!  I am still happy to have the new card.

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Message 37 of 118
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

@BBYGRL wrote:

@bakalao2k wrote:

I've posted this before, but I didn't use the Oasis program to pay off a charged off AMEX account with a member date of 1989.  I contacted the collections department and they told me what the charged off balance was and I paid it off in full.  I guess this removed me from the 'blacklist' and I was able to open up a AMEX Blue card with a 12000 limit.  

The people I spoke with in the collections department said the Oasis program isn't being offered anymore.

"The Oasis program isn't being offered anymore" - That's interesting. I wonder if this happened before or after the gov bailout?  When did you pay off your balance and how long did it take for you to get your new card? I guess you didn't get your history back hua?

Has anyone posted that they received an Oasis offer lately? I just received a settlement offer. I plan on paying it off soon but I dare not let them know until I'm ready. I refuse to reset the SOL.

I paid the balance in full before the new credit card act went into effect, but I don't think the timing of that payment had any bearing on my ability to open an AMEX Blue card with a member date of 1989.   AMEX has been softing my credit report for a long time before I opened the Blue account.

TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 38 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bakalao2k wrote:

@BBYGRL wrote:

@bakalao2k wrote:

I've posted this before, but I didn't use the Oasis program to pay off a charged off AMEX account with a member date of 1989.  I contacted the collections department and they told me what the charged off balance was and I paid it off in full.  I guess this removed me from the 'blacklist' and I was able to open up a AMEX Blue card with a 12000 limit.  

The people I spoke with in the collections department said the Oasis program isn't being offered anymore.

"The Oasis program isn't being offered anymore" - That's interesting. I wonder if this happened before or after the gov bailout?  When did you pay off your balance and how long did it take for you to get your new card? I guess you didn't get your history back hua?

Has anyone posted that they received an Oasis offer lately? I just received a settlement offer. I plan on paying it off soon but I dare not let them know until I'm ready. I refuse to reset the SOL.

I paid the balance in full before the new credit card act went into effect, but I don't think the timing of that payment had any bearing on my ability to open an AMEX Blue card with a member date of 1989.   AMEX has been softing my credit report for a long time before I opened the Blue account.

Although AmEx does soft for promotional purposes, too, they will also soft someone until the end of the world if they owe AmEx even $1.00.

Message 39 of 118
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bakalao2k wrote:

@BBYGRL wrote:

@bakalao2k wrote:

Although AmEx does soft for promotional purposes, too, they will also soft someone until the end of the world if they owe AmEx even $1.00.

This so true. I get a lot of soft hits from AmEx, sometimes two on the same day.

10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Message 40 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.