Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Oasis - Updates/Experiences

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Oasis - Updates/Experiences

@Safe4Me2 wrote:

Don't know if this question has been answered but...

What if my account was closed and paid off? Would I be eligible for an AMEX Oasis Optima card? It would be nice to raise my AAoA.

I think Oasis is a program you need to negotiate to enter before you pay off the debt to AmEx.  They offer oasis to you as an incentive to pay off the debt.  Once you have paid it off, there is no incentive for AmEx to offer you Oasis.

Message 81 of 118
Safe4Me2
New Contributor

Darn!

Message 82 of 118
Tazman81
Established Contributor

But if you paid off your debt with AMEX (not a settlement, but 100% of it) then you should no longer be on their blacklist.  If your credit is decent, then you may try to get a Zync card from them.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 83 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tazman81 wrote:

But if you paid off your debt with AMEX (not a settlement, but 100% of it) then you should no longer be on their blacklist.  If your credit is decent, then you may try to get a Zync card from them.

+1

Message 84 of 118
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

Does paying off any remaining old AE debt for either entry into the Oasis program and/or another chance at an AE prime card also apply to those who included them in a BR years prior (early 90's)?  They can simply be called up, PIF, and then one can apply from a fresh perspective and be approved based on their current CR and FICO?

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 85 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShootingStar wrote:

Does paying off any remaining old AE debt for either entry into the Oasis program and/or another chance at an AE prime card also apply to those who included them in a BR years prior (early 90's)?  They can simply be called up, PIF, and then one can apply from a fresh perspective and be approved based on their current CR and FICO?

Yes.  The difference, however, is that AmEx will not knowlingly initiate contact and suggest payment of any debt discharged in BK.  You would have to contact them and out of the kindness of your heart tell them you want to make them whole for the loss they took with your BK.   

Message 86 of 118
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

GREAT information....

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 87 of 118
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShootingStar wrote:

Yes.  The difference, however, is that AmEx will not knowlingly initiate contact and suggest payment of any debt discharged in BK.  You would have to contact them and out of the kindness of your heart tell them you want to make them whole for the loss they took with your BK.   

Well, I will keep you updated on my experience, but so far, I have not been able to get them to bite.  I included them in bankruptcy that was discharged in January 2009.  It was a balance of about $800.  I've mailed in letters and called and everything, but everyone I talk to says they cannot accept money from me because it was discharged in bankruptcy.  I told them that is not true.  I told them the code says I am allowed to voluntarily pay whomever I choose, and I would like to voluntarily pay you.  But of course I am including a stipulation on it.  My stipulation is that I am willing to pay you as long as you are willing to give me either a charge card or a credit card.  And of course I don't care what the limit is.  It could be $5 for all I care.  I only want the history back.  Hahaha.  But so far, it has been a no go.  But I will say that I have only recently sent in my latest proposal that says, I will pay you in exchange for a card.  I wonder if I should just end them a check along with one of these letters with the stipulation that if it is cashed, then they are agreeing to provide me with a charge card.  Smiley Very Happy

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 88 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tazman81 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShootingStar wrote:

Well, I will keep you updated on my experience, but so far, I have not been able to get them to bite.  I included them in bankruptcy that was discharged in January 2009.  It was a balance of about $800.  I've mailed in letters and called and everything, but everyone I talk to says they cannot accept money from me because it was discharged in bankruptcy.  I told them that is not true.  I told them the code says I am allowed to voluntarily pay whomever I choose, and I would like to voluntarily pay you.  But of course I am including a stipulation on it.  My stipulation is that I am willing to pay you as long as you are willing to give me either a charge card or a credit card.  And of course I don't care what the limit is.  It could be $5 for all I care.  I only want the history back.  Hahaha.  But so far, it has been a no go.  But I will say that I have only recently sent in my latest proposal that says, I will pay you in exchange for a card.  I wonder if I should just end them a check along with one of these letters with the stipulation that if it is cashed, then they are agreeing to provide me with a charge card.  Smiley Very Happy

Could it depend on how old the BK is?

I have seen many settlement offers and also Oasis offers and always on the back the fine print states that if you settle for less or pay back anything less than the full amount that was lost when BK was filed that they will not let you back in the door.

I will try and find the exact wording if I can find one of the documents in my files before going home tonight.

P.S.  Ok, I just found it.  It is on the back of a settlement offer.  Since they would not send a settlement offer if you filed BK against them, I am mistaken to suggest that it applies to losses caused by BK.

I know Navy Federal and USAA will accept reimbursement for losses incurred by BK, but I guess AmEx will not.

Taze, do you think if you weren't requesting Oasis they would accept?  That would get you off their blacklist and then you can reapply as a "normal" applicant.

Message 89 of 118
Tazman81
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tazman81 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShootingStar wrote:

Could it depend on how old the BK is?

I have seen many settlement offers and also Oasis offers and always on the back the fine print states that if you settle for less or pay back anything less than the full amount that was lost when BK was filed that they will not let you back in the door.

I will try and find the exact wording if I can find one of the documents in my files before going home tonight.

P.S.  Ok, I just found it.  It is on the back of a settlement offer.  Since they would not send a settlement offer if you filed BK against them, I am mistaken to suggest that it applies to losses caused by BK.

I know Navy Federal and USAA will accept reimbursement for losses incurred by BK, but I guess AmEx will not.

Taze, do you think if you weren't requesting Oasis they would accept?  That would get you off their blacklist and then you can reapply as a "normal" applicant.

Yeah, I havent received anything from the Oasis team.  I had just called and asked about it and they were upset that I knew about it.  I just don't know if I want to take the chance to send in the $800 and then they not want to give me a card or take me off the blacklist.  I wonder if I send a letter to the executive branch with certified funds with the stipulation of them cashing the check to remove me from the blacklist and give me a charge card.  Maybe the money will speak louder than just my plain letters.  I would just rather have a sure thing from AMEX before I send in any money.  But I guess that might be a chance I have to take.

Message 90 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.