Established Contributor

Amex Oasis - Updates/Experiences

I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing interesting stories about thier experience with the Oasis program. Did your relationship with AMEX change when the economy tanked?

Thanks in advance.

10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Oasis - Updates/Experiences

BBYGRL wrote:

I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing interesting stories about thier experience with the Oasis program. Did your relationship with AMEX change when the economy tanked?

Thanks in advance.

Good question!

I'd also be interested in hearing if Oasis program cardholders experienced any of the AA that started with the current economic situation.

IAALBNYL
Regular Contributor

I wish people who DON'T owe money to Amex could be let back in too Smiley Sad

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor

Rebuilding101 wrote:

I wish people who DON'T owe money to Amex could be let back in too Smiley Sad

I'm confused.  Why would people who don't owe AmEx be blacklisted?

IAALBNYL
Senior Contributor

Good Question:   Are people who American Express dropped with accounts in good standing blacklisted?

They dropped me when I got behind on other cards, but I was not behind with them.   Many others have reported getting dropped with no negatives.

Senior Contributor

Wolf3 wrote:

Good Question:   Are people who American Express dropped with accounts in good standing blacklisted?

They dropped me when I got behind on other cards, but I was not behind with them.   Many others have reported getting dropped with no negatives.

My understanding is that AmEx only blacklists for life two categories of people:

1.  Those who they believe have committed fraud; and / or

2.  Those who have caused AmEx a financial loss (i.e. BK or Chargeoff).

I believe -- but am not sure -- that those whose accounts were closed but ended up paying AmEx the entire debt may not be approved by AmEx for further credit for some period of time, but not for life.

IAALBNYL
Senior Contributor

I guess there is hope for those of us who were dropped with accounts in good standing.   

I might apply when my credit improves.

Senior Contributor

Wolf3 wrote:

I guess there is hope for those of us who were dropped with accounts in good standing.   

You can always get a bank-issued AmEx like those issued by USAA, BOA, Citibank or even PenFed.

IAALBNYL
Senior Contributor

O6 wrote:

Wolf3 wrote:

You can always get a bank-issued AmEx like those issued by USAA, BOA, Citibank or even PenFed.

I don't care that much about the AMEX network.    I really only want the "member since 1989"  back.   

Senior Contributor

Wolf3 wrote:

O6 wrote:

Wolf3 wrote:

I don't care that much about the AMEX network.    I really only want the "member since 1989"  back.   

Smart move. 

IAALBNYL
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.