Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex...Oasis...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Amex...Oasis...

I want another Amex Card...but they did a settlement with me on my business card in 01.
Should I try and get the Oasis to start building a relationship with them again?

OR  let it alone.  The settlement account is not appearing on my reports now so part of me want to do nothing out of fear of the old account being put back on my report...

What do you all think?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Amex...Oasis...

If you have unpaid balance then it is better to get the Oasis card and then start rebuilding your relationship with them. They will also remove any negative information you might have on CR. But on the other hand once you have an optima oasis card, it would not be able to qualify for the CLI or Product Change or even get another card with Amex until that Oasis card become inactive. No one seems to know both at Amex and out side Amex how this card would become inactive to get a new card. You might want to call Amex and find out all the details before you jump into the program.
Message 2 of 7
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Ok...thank you...do you have the number for Oasis?

Also, what do they do, take the balance and throw it on that card?
Message 3 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

For the phone number search in the forum. You'll find the number. As per the balance, you have to pay in full. Once the balance is paid in full then they will issue you a new card with the 1/2 the paid amount as CL on the new card.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Andy,

Here is the contact info I used when paying off my Amex and getting the Optima app..

800-879-4358
or
877-889-5892

Like concorduser said, the card will carry a limit of 1/2 the old debt if PIF.

Good luck!
Message 5 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Also word of advice, before you get the Oasis card find out what is the exit policy from Oasis to a regular card. Looks like in the last couple of months Amex changed the policy and for those who have active oasis cards they are not issued new cards. You might want to find out from Oasis team what that policy is so you wont get frustrated like us who is in the Oasis program trying to get a regular card.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:
Also word of advice, before you get the Oasis card find out what is the exit policy from Oasis to a regular card. Looks like in the last couple of months Amex changed the policy and for those who have active oasis cards they are not issued new cards. You might want to find out from Oasis team what that policy is so you wont get frustrated like us who is in the Oasis program trying to get a regular card.

I second that.

concorduser, I'm sorry to read about all the trouble you've had with Amex re: the Delta card. What a nightmare.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.