Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Oasis

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Oasis

Just got of the phone with 888-232-3261. Oasis app had been sent to wrong old address, and apparently wasn't forwarded. He updated my address and should be here soon.

After PIF old CO personal CC, they approved my corporate CC app. So I thought, wth... and apped for a regular blue cash, they INQd all 3, denied. Pulled all my CRs, this was June, score in sig. Had some blasted CAs showing. Finally got last CA removed yesterday, and my most recent 30 day aged 2 years as of today. Like my new scores, but once AMEX rehabs.... Smiley Very Happy

On a side note, had a BoA CO same time as AMEX, but it was an old MBNA, so I actually had two CC with them. The original BoA never went bad or late, have kept it 10 years clean. Called BoA yesterday about reinstating CO CC, it's also PIF, but reports as Paid as agreed, closed at consumer's request, but has a 120 day late, 6 90's, 1 60, and 1 30. If they reinstate on top of AMEX ......... WOW

I might be going from 630 to at least mid 700 with 6 weeks worth of work. It'll be mucho worth it though.

Edit to add: the combined total was around $39k that I paid back. They each added some fees before closing, so I had charged probably $35k of that. This is what happens after a divorce with kids. Wife runs up charges, leaves, takes kids, and has state take away half your paycheck for support. Screwy system we live in.

Message Edited by gordonbs on 08-01-2008 10:10 AM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
creditwize

Re: Amex Oasis

Hello gordonbs, congrats on the reistatement of both cards. I have been trying to get Amex to send me my app for the Oasis. How long ago was your chargeoff?
7/19: TU 532, EX 546, EQ 592
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CO happened 3 years ago. About a 2 years ago I got a letter asking me to contact them to work something out. I did, made ~$7k up front payment and $300/mo until PIF. Though I did make a final payment after my tax return this year to get it done.

If you call that number, explain you had an old personal card, it had some problems, you made arrangements, you have PIF, they should send it to you. He asked for my account number, the one on my EX CR is wrong. I logged into amex.com , the account still shows, but only partial account #. Gave him my SSN, all good from there. He verified it was PIF, said Oasis app had been sent in March, to wrong address. Should be sitting pretty in a week or so.
Message 3 of 7
creditwize

Ok, thanks for the info. I called that number before and was told to call another number in Florida because they didn't have my account. My chargeoff was 3 years ago and it was paid in full three years ago. I was promised the card at the time if I PIF. I will keep hounding them until they give me my card! Smiley Happy
7/19: TU 532, EX 546, EQ 592
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to let you know, once you pay what you owe to AMEX, you do not need to get Optima Card. Wait for at least 30 days for your payment to post on their system then you can apply for ANY AMEX card you want as long as your credit at that time is good enough to be approved.

You can read my post about how I was approved for Amex Blue Sky at Credit Card section of the forum.

Good luck.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

IIRC your CO had actually fallen off your CR also. But I did try for a regular card in June, denied due to darn CAs, which are now gone. I probably could get one today, but I'll stick with Oasis just to soothe AMEX for a year. I'm in no hurry with them.

tomwest wrote:
Just to let you know, once you pay what you owe to AMEX, you do not need to get Optima Card. Wait for at least 30 days for your payment to post on their system then you can apply for ANY AMEX card you want as long as your credit at that time is good enough to be approved.

You can read my post about how I was approved for Amex Blue Sky at Credit Card section of the forum.

Good luck.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gordonbs - just reading your comments and trying to decide what to do myself.  Wouldn't your CO have gone away in another 4 years?  I'm in a similar situation and I'm not sure I want to pay $30k to get another Amex card.  If I don't PIF Amex will blacklist me even 10/20 years down the road....correct?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.