Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Oasis

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Amex Oasis

has anyone ever received an oasis invitation after paying a charge-off/collection charge card? OR is oasis only for cardmembers who started off with a revovling product? my friend paid a charged-off blue cash revolving account and was offered the oasis program. his fico is 468. i paid a charged-off platinum charged and was not offered anything and my fico is 540.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Oasis

CreditDrama85 wrote:
has anyone ever received an oasis invitation after paying a charge-off/collection charge card? OR is oasis only for cardmembers who started off with a revovling product? my friend paid a charged-off blue cash revolving account and was offered the oasis program. his fico is 468. i paid a charged-off platinum charged and was not offered anything and my fico is 540.

Never been in oasis myself, but have seen people get the invitation based on a defaulted charge card.

concorduser, where are you?  Didn't you say once that your original Amex was a charge card?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditDrama85 wrote:

I received an invitation after paying off a charged-off Green card.

How long ago did you pay off the platinum? Perhaps they'll mail you the app if you request it.

Here's the number I used when I was paying off my account: 877-889-5892
Message 3 of 8
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

This is a bit off topic, and I don't mean to thread hijack, but the question I have is related to this program.

I've read about the Oasis program, and wondered would Amex (if I ever got the point and applied again), would they put me in this? I had an Amex Gold charge card, and ran into a sitution, but I did pay them off in full before anything was charged off, it was actually fairly quick (the pay off process), but I did end-up with their law/collection firm at the time. One of the conditions at the time is once paid they'd close the account, and it's still on my EXP CR, but as a positive cc. It says "closed by grantor" but paid, never late etc.

Would they make me go through this kind of program? Again no charge-off. I know Amex has a great memory.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope- You paid your debt
I bet they would let you back in AND report with your old open date-

braznyc wrote:
This is a bit off topic, and I don't mean to thread hijack, but the question I have is related to this program.

I've read about the Oasis program, and wondered would Amex (if I ever got the point and applied again), would they put me in this? I had an Amex Gold charge card, and ran into a sitution, but I did pay them off in full before anything was charged off, it was actually fairly quick (the pay off process), but I did end-up with their law/collection firm at the time. One of the conditions at the time is once paid they'd close the account, and it's still on my EXP CR, but as a positive cc. It says "closed by grantor" but paid, never late etc.

Would they make me go through this kind of program? Again no charge-off. I know Amex has a great memory.

Message 5 of 8
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Timothy!

You give me hope. Obviously I'm still rebuilding, but I did have one plan to go to Amex one of these days (not anytime soon). Thanks for answering this for me. I'd love to be back in their good charge card graces. I have no desire for a credit card with them.

A little secret I still have the old gold charge card, lol, it's in my wallet, I know sad silly me, but it really was the kind of cc I liked, it wasn't. I charged what I could afford.

Thanks for letting me get my question in on your topic OP Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

braznyc wrote:
A little secret I still have the old gold charge card, lol, it's in my wallet

hang on to it! you may need to provide them that account number to obtain a "member since" date and gain that posetive history.
Message 7 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

cheddar wrote:

CreditDrama85 wrote:

Never been in oasis myself, but have seen people get the invitation based on a defaulted charge card.

concorduser, where are you?  Didn't you say once that your original Amex was a charge card?

Yes, my original card was a charge card issued in 1995. That time Amex did not have credit cards. I think OP might have to call Oasis program and request for an application. I am sure they would offer OP an Oasis card. Since OP already paid the balance they might not have sent any thing mail.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.