Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Offer: Rite Aid $5 statement credit for $15 purchase

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Amex Offer: Rite Aid $5 statement credit for $15 purchase

I know it's not huge, but this could be low-hanging fruit, especially if you have multiple cards.  I was able to add the offer to both my Green and BCP using multiple tabs.  It's valid through March 30.

As usual, it was nowhere to be seen on Serve.  I've not had a usable offer appear on Serve in over two years (December 2013).

(I might check into linking Serve to a Twitter account... perhaps that would work better?)

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Offer: Rite Aid $5 statement credit for $15 purchase

I added it, but I can't think of anything (let alone anything I actually need or want) that Rite Aid sells for $15 that costs more than $10 at Costco or Amazon.

Message 2 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I added it, but I can't think of anything (let alone anything I actually need or want) that Rite Aid sells for $15 that costs more than $10 at Costco or Amazon.

Hey, I'm just putting it out there!  Smiley Surprised

I don't go by there very often either, so I'll have to stop in to see what they have... perhaps some cough drops or a small gift card?

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Danks uncle
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Stock up on Thrifty ice cream. Smiley Wink 

I got this yesterday before I went to the Dr. I used to use CVS for RX but my insurance changed and it's a different tier (higher prices) now. With DH's medical stuff I've been using Vons (local Safeway store), but there's an ordeal that made me put them on my blacklist (not RX related). Dr. gave me two prescriptions and I had him send them there...except one I had to hand carry because it had Codine. I got there, looked at the regular line and it was about 12 people in one line and they all looked like zombies. I went to the pharmacy and she said they didn't have the cough syrup. She asked for my info and I said if she hadn't already filled the one the dr sent, I wasn't doing any business there. They didn't even have that either (common antibiotics). I had to go to Vons. 

I wouldn't have waited in that line but at that point I'd totally forgotten about the offer. I'll go in and get something with it. I was mad I forgot to open multiple tabs, so I only got one, but given my experience there, that's probably ok. 

Message 5 of 27
fedxboy
Established Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I know it's not huge, but this could be low-hanging fruit, especially if you have multiple cards.  I was able to add the offer to both my Green and BCP using multiple tabs.  It's valid through March 30.

As usual, it was nowhere to be seen on Serve.  I've not had a usable offer appear on Serve in over two years (December 2013).

(I might check into linking Serve to a Twitter account... perhaps that would work better?)

What is this with multiple tabs??  I understand it's using another browser window, but isn't that really cheating the creditor and not the intended purpose of said discount??  Do you have a different sign in for different Amex's?   All 3 of my Amex are under the same login, rather than individually.  Glad it worked for you, but but but.........

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unlink your cards and you might get a whole slew of new offers that weren't showing before. Taking advantage? I consider that getting unstuck.

Personally if I can get rid of Shari's Berries I would be happy. Im in caliFornia and all I get are high end New York City products
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up. RiteAid is close and easy for me, so I do stop once in awhile for convenience. I'll put it on my card and probably forget about it. Fortunately, Amex is my default card so I'll probably find a $5 surprise credit at some point.

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Stock up on Thrifty ice cream. Smiley Wink 

Yeah, I'm still uneasy about taking that plunge, and $5 and 1.5 MRs/$1 isn't enough to make me jump in.

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, it's not available for the Blue Cash Preferred (and now that I look closer at your original post, I probably could have figured that).

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.