Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 11 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Offer: Rite Aid $5 statement credit for $15 purchase

Rite-Aid is reservered for keeping my care credit alive with a token purchase every 3 or so months.  If one shops at rite aid alot its free money, just  don't have one convenient near me and prefer osco or walgreens lol 

Message 12 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

And if you are buying at Rite Aid, you can use your Plenti card if you think it is worth the effort!

Message 13 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

And if you are buying at Rite Aid, you can use your Plenti card if you think it is worth the effort!

Stop i was drinking I just spit it up!

Message 14 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@fedxboy wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I know it's not huge, but this could be low-hanging fruit, especially if you have multiple cards.  I was able to add the offer to both my Green and BCP using multiple tabs.  It's valid through March 30.

As usual, it was nowhere to be seen on Serve.  I've not had a usable offer appear on Serve in over two years (December 2013).

(I might check into linking Serve to a Twitter account... perhaps that would work better?)

What is this with multiple tabs??  I understand it's using another browser window, but isn't that really cheating the creditor and not the intended purpose of said discount??  Do you have a different sign in for different Amex's?   All 3 of my Amex are under the same login, rather than individually.  Glad it worked for you, but but but.........

You only use multiple tabs when the cards are under one account.   Then you open a tab for each card that the offer is on.   I don't really think it is cheating the creditor (although I wouldn't care if it was!)   If you have each card under a different login, you would be able to get all the offers without tabs, so the cost to the issuer is the same.  And having them under one is more convenient

Message 15 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, it's not available for the Blue Cash Preferred (and now that I look closer at your original post, I probably could have figured that).

I was able to get it on the BCP; it's the Serve that it didn't come up on.  Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@fedxboy wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I know it's not huge, but this could be low-hanging fruit, especially if you have multiple cards.  I was able to add the offer to both my Green and BCP using multiple tabs.  It's valid through March 30.

As usual, it was nowhere to be seen on Serve.  I've not had a usable offer appear on Serve in over two years (December 2013).

(I might check into linking Serve to a Twitter account... perhaps that would work better?)

What is this with multiple tabs??  I understand it's using another browser window, but isn't that really cheating the creditor and not the intended purpose of said discount??  Do you have a different sign in for different Amex's?   All 3 of my Amex are under the same login, rather than individually.  Glad it worked for you, but but but.........

No fedx it's not cheating anybody... here's how it works:

1.  You log into your account as usual.

2.  Open a new tab; in the new tab, navigate to the Amex website and you'll get a message that you're already logged in.

3.  Click 'Account Summary' and it will take you to your accounts just like the first tab.  Navigate to your other account.

4.  Have 'Amex Offers' pulled up on each tab for each account, and add them one after another (without delay).  Once you navigate away from the page the offer will disappear if not already added to the second account.

If you read the 'fine print', this offer is provided by Rite Aid, and not Amex.  Further, it states that it's limited to one "online account", not one card.  If it would make you more comfortable you could unlink your cards and establish an online account for each card (that would keep you within the "letter" of the rules) but most folks don't feel this extra step is necessary.

Edit:  darn typo

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it on both my BCE and my AU's BCE (we have separate online accounts). I don't know that I have ever even been in the Rite Aid in my town. I hope they have gift cards for other places that I can buy.

Message 18 of 27
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@fedxboy wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Cheating the creditor HOW ?????

If I'm the card holder of the cards (same DOB/address/SS#) & they allow it without a problem from the card issuer or merchant.....where's the harm ??? I'm not an authorized user on a single card nor anyone on mine & I've done it for years !

Amex isn't stupid....Smiley Wink

SisterGirl
Message 19 of 27
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

It definitely can be done.  I have 3 Twitter handles for each of 3 of my Amex cards (Green/BCE/Serve) & use them VERY effectively !  As a matter of fact, 2 are exclusively used just for Amex Offers....Smiley Wink

SisterGirl
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.