Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Offer

tag
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Offer

@longtimelurker wrote:

OK.   This the power of marketing!  Were you thinking about this card before?

If you do want to apply for an Amex (and remember that this is very similar to applying cold, no guarantee of anything from receiving the email) make sure that this is the one you want.

Basically, no need to apply for a "preselected" offer, or theparticular card they selected for you, but your decision, and if you go for it, good luck.

I have always wanted Amex just didn't know which card, I pretty much just put it out of my head bcause I knew I had no chance. Yes u know thus us the same as applying cold that's what's stopping me and the hp of course. If denied can you recon do they counter? 

Starting scores 12/1/15 EQ 601, TU 626, EX 601

Current Scores 9/17/17 EQ 686 TU 702 EX 655 Goal 700+ across
UTL 7%
Last Inq: 9/20/17
Message 21 of 49
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Id highly recommend you NOT applying right now

CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 22 of 49
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@Luscher wrote:
Get that collection cleared up, and your cards paid off. only have 1 card reporting less than 10% for best scoring......

Also pull atleast 1 of your FICO scores. You can get a free trial of score watch which is an Equifax Fico from this site.

Yeah I did a while ago, they say I can't get another trial lol. I have the money to buy the scores on here but I am just very cheap 

UTL 7%
Message 23 of 49
Luscher
Valued Contributor

I feel you, I want that expirian score but don't want to dish out $20 lol, I have my other 2 scores and get a free epirian monthly through a banking relationship so its not too bad
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

Message 24 of 49
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Luscher wrote:

I agree, your scores are probably too low.  But if you don't plan to app for anything for a while, and can take an HP, then OK, and if they deny you will get their reasons which you can then work on (but I still recommend delay!)

Re recon: Amex is considered very recon-UNfriendly.  About the only thing they will accept is proof that the credit report they used had errors, and they will pull the new corrected one.  So nothing like some other issuers where you get the chance to explain anything that they raise as a concern.

Message 25 of 49
Open123
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Luscher wrote:
CASH IS KING! to each their own Smiley Happy

Then you should prefer the BC!  Much more cash earning potential.

Please forgive me for the hijack, but, Lurker, how did you get the Blue Cash?

Message 26 of 49
Luscher
Valued Contributor

I agree^ If you have a HP to burn, you can either get approved or they will deny you, give you a free FICO score, and give you things to work on. (1 will most likely be the collections)

Message 27 of 49
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Luscher wrote:

I agree, your scores are probably too low.  But if you don't plan to app for anything for a while, and can take an HP, then OK, and if they deny you will get their reasons which you can then work on (but I still recommend delay!)

Re recon: Amex is considered very recon-UNfriendly.  About the only thing they will accept is proof that the credit report they used had errors, and they will pull the new corrected one.  So nothing like some other issuers where you get the chance to explain anything that they raise as a concern.

Ok, in light of all that I'm going to step away drink my wine and go to bed. My heart is breaking can you hear it lol? Thanks for talking me off the ledge 

UTL 7%
Message 28 of 49
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@Luscher wrote:
I agree^ If you have a HP to burn, you can either get approved or they will deny you, give you a free FICO score, and give you things to work on. (1 will most likely be the collections)

Yeah I'm going to wait Smiley Sad

UTL 7%
Message 29 of 49
Open123
Super Contributor

@ronstar7 wrote:

Ok, in light of all that I'm going to step away drink my wine and go to bed. My heart is breaking can you hear it lol? Thanks for talking me off the ledge 

On the bright side, if AmEx is your goal, this is a very dynamic lender with whom app'ing periodically will prove more fruitful than most issuers.  If AmEx is one of your goal cards, I'd suggest you app with them every quarter, and see what happens.

Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.