Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Offer

tag
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Offer

Couldn't hurt^ especially if this is the only card on your horizon
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 31 of 49
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@ronstar7 wrote:

Ok, in light of all that I'm going to step away drink my wine and go to bed. My heart is breaking can you hear it lol? Thanks for talking me off the ledge 

On the bright side, if AmEx is your goal, this is a very dynamic lender with whom app'ing periodically will prove more fruitful than most issuers.  If AmEx is one of your goal cards, I'd suggest you app with them every quarter, and see what happens.

Yeah but thats a hp every 3 months... Isn't that bad to get them when you really should be in the garden?

Starting scores after BK (Filed 4/18/24) EQ 571 , TU , EX

Current Scores EQ 571 TU EX Goal 700+ across
UTL
Last Inq:
Message 32 of 49
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@Luscher wrote:
Couldn't hurt^ especially if this is the only card on your horizon

It's not the only card but chase and discover the other 2 I want give me nothing on the pre selector site so i just stay away. Amex is my ultimate goal. But i really can't afford the hp anyway 26 on tu 19 on ex and eq most are a year old but still 

UTL
Last Inq:
Message 33 of 49
Luscher
Valued Contributor

wait for all inquiries to fall off in a year, get collection off report and they will come begging for your business with your upper 700 score.

also: dont trust those preselectors.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 34 of 49
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

I got the same email today. Surprisingly I got approved for BCE & Green last weekend. Definitely this email is not a pre-qualified offer. When I check on AMEX website for pre-qualified offers, they show nothing. For my wife, they actually show on her account management page, the card she is qualified for.

AMEX was one of my goals too. My wife added me as an AU on her AMEX BCE. I kept trying to get one myself last year, 9 months and 5 rejections later, finally got approved. Hang on there for at least 6 months, let your EXP FICO reach near or beyond 650, and then try one of their Charge cards or BCE.

Good luck.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 35 of 49
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@ronstar7 wrote:

Hello all,

just got an email invitation to apply for Amex Blue awesome intro offer, could this be legit or as I hacked? I don't think I'm anywhere near when I should be to get offers from therm. I have NEVER received one in my life. I understand about mass mailings but still from Amex? Thoughts,... Suggestions... Offer expires on the  31st of this month. ALS I am super nervous about hackers if I do choose to apply should I respond to the email or I go the the site on my own? 

Amy my and all feedback is GREATLY appreciated.

Edit: sorry for typos on a tablet Smiley Happy

I got the same email today too.  I thought it was nice to kinda be on their radar, but I'm waiting on one CO to fall off reports (as early as next months perhaps on EX) and seeing if I can get other settled CO removed through GW.   Not sure if Blue is for me...I'd like to go BCE & PRG.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 36 of 49
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

I got the same email today too.  I thought it was nice to kinda be on their radar, but I'm waiting on one CO to fall off reports (as early as next months perhaps on EX) and seeing if I can get other settled CO removed through GW.   Not sure if Blue is for me...I'd like to go BCE & PRG.  

Don't really know the target audience for the blue, it doesn't have a whole lot to recommend it.  The time it is very useful is when people have got a lot of MR, and want to close their charge cards for some reason.  The points can be moved to the Blue and then, when another MR card is opened, the points become full MR again and can be transferred to partners.   But that can't be a big enough use case to justify a card!

Message 37 of 49
Open123
Super Contributor

@ronstar7 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@ronstar7 wrote:

Ok, in light of all that I'm going to step away drink my wine and go to bed. My heart is breaking can you hear it lol? Thanks for talking me off the ledge 

On the bright side, if AmEx is your goal, this is a very dynamic lender with whom app'ing periodically will prove more fruitful than most issuers.  If AmEx is one of your goal cards, I'd suggest you app with them every quarter, and see what happens.

Yeah but thats a hp every 3 months... Isn't that bad to get them when you really should be in the garden?

Ah, contrary to views of many here, I really don't see inquiries per se as a big deal.  All things being equal (unless it's like a string of 20 of them), a few HPs per quarter does very litle, it's the new account when approved that has the effect, good or otherwise.

AmEx is usually worth taking a few HPs to acquire early on.

Message 38 of 49
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@Luscher wrote:
wait for all inquiries to fall off in a year, get collection off report and they will come begging for your business with your upper 700 score.

also: dont trust those preselectors.

From your mouth to God's ears lol that is exactly whay I plan to do! Smiley Happy

UTL
Last Inq:
Message 39 of 49
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:

I got the same email today. Surprisingly I got approved for BCE & Green last weekend. Definitely this email is not a pre-qualified offer. When I check on AMEX website for pre-qualified offers, they show nothing. For my wife, they actually show on her account management page, the card she is qualified for.

AMEX was one of my goals too. My wife added me as an AU on her AMEX BCE. I kept trying to get one myself last year, 9 months and 5 rejections later, finally got approved. Hang on there for at least 6 months, let your EXP FICO reach near or beyond 650, and then try one of their Charge cards or BCE.

Good luck.

Yeah I am if not longer. When I step up to the big girl table I want to make sure I have the right silverware to eat with Smiley Happy

UTL
Last Inq:
Message 40 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.