Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Offers Question

tag
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Amex Offers Question

Are the offers card specific?

What I mean is, I am an account manager on a card and so is my DH.  When we log into our "separate" accounts, we both have a Best Buy offer of spend $250 get a $20 statement credit.  So if he spends that and I also spend it that would be a $40 credit total?  OR is it $250 for the account?

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Offers Question

@Eyisila wrote:

What I mean is, I am an account manager on a card and so is my DH.  When we log into our "separate" accounts, we both have a Best Buy offer of spend $250 get a $20 statement credit.  So if he spends that and I also spend it that would be a $40 credit total?  OR is it $250 for the account?

Thanks!!

It's per card, so as long as you both have it on your respective accounts and save it to your card, it will work!

Enjoy!

Message 2 of 7
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Cool

Thanks!!

Message 3 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Eyisila wrote:

Thanks!!

It's per card, so as long as you both have it on your respective accounts and save it to your card, it will work!

Enjoy!

Correct but each cc would have to meet the specific spend requirement.  In other words, each cc would have to make a $250 purchase.  If one item is $500, split the payment , if you were looking to buy one item at $250 and hoped that both accounts would get the bonus, that would be incorrect. 

Message 4 of 7
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the replies.

I wasn't looking to do what you said Lexie, I just was wondering if it was for each card.  So being that there is 3 total, that would be $750 spent to get the total bonus of $75 (it was $25 back per $250). 

But I could spend 250 DH could spend 250 etc and we would each get it.  Just was confused about that.  Didn't know if it was "hey we have 3 cards, we could each spend about 80 and meet the 250 requirement".   Which now I know isn't correct.

God I love you guys and gals! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Eyisila wrote:

Thanks for the replies.

I wasn't looking to do what you said Lexie, I just was wondering if it was for each card.  So being that there is 3 total, that would be $750 spent to get the total bonus of $75 (it was $25 back per $250). 

But I could spend 250 DH could spend 250 etc and we would each get it.  Just was confused about that.  Didn't know if it was "hey we have 3 cards, we could each spend about 80 and meet the 250 requirement".   Which now I know isn't correct.

God I love you guys and gals! Smiley Very Happy

Yes, it is for each card as long as the offer is 'saved' to that card.  

Message 6 of 7
MT936
Established Contributor

I just used that offer a couple days ago I got credited for it after 2 days
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.