Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Offers - Staples $25

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Offers - Staples $25

@Anonymous wrote:

Love these offers - I have used a ton on my BCP!

Also, my partner just apped for and got a Simply Cash (30K limit and $250 bonus).... will that card have these kinds of offers available as well? 

I'm not familiar with the specific offers received on the business cards, but I would say the chances are good. 

If you have your Simply Cash and BCP on the same login, be sure to open a separate tab and pull up the offers on the second card before adding to the first, otherwise you'll only get it once.  Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks UncleB! Seperate online accounts so no issues there!

Message 22 of 62
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

All this discussion led me to their webpage.

This was interesting.

"Staples DOES NOT sell more than $2000 of gift cards in any order due to Federal anti-money laundering regulations."

Not that I'm going to buy that much anyway, but it helps figure out what they're watching out for, definitely Smiley Very Happy

I noticed that promintly (and repeatedly) on their site as well... it's a problem I would love to have!  Smiley Very Happy

(To clarify, I would love to have the extra money to buy $2k+ gift cards, not a problem with the Feds... LOL)

I thought you'll take the feds head on. UncleB vs UncleS Smiley Tongue

Message 23 of 62
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

All this discussion led me to their webpage.

This was interesting.

"Staples DOES NOT sell more than $2000 of gift cards in any order due to Federal anti-money laundering regulations."

Not that I'm going to buy that much anyway, but it helps figure out what they're watching out for, definitely Smiley Very Happy

I noticed that promintly (and repeatedly) on their site as well... it's a problem I would love to have!  Smiley Very Happy

(To clarify, I would love to have the extra money to buy $2k+ gift cards, not a problem with the Feds... LOL)

I thought you'll take the feds head on. UncleB vs UncleS Smiley Tongue

I know my limitations... I'm no match for UncleS!  Smiley Surprised

Message 24 of 62
370Z
Frequent Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I promised I would follow-up with my experience on this Amex Offer...

My BCP just dropped a statement (meaning I'm now on next month) so I gave the Staples Amex offer a whirl.  I purchased a $100 eBay Gift Card with electronic (email) delivery. 

A minute of so after my order was placed, I received the following email:

amexstaples.jpg

From past experience, once I get this message it's pretty much a 'done-deal' as long as the transaction posts.  Smiley Happy

FWIW other websites state that the only time there's a problem is if you buy an actual 'Staples' gift card (as in, for use at Staples) which makes sense if you think about it.  This offer is for Staples online purchases, and if Staples GCs were allowed to qualify it would be a way to effectively circumvent the online restriction.

Thanks for the update.

EQ8 817 (3/24) EQ9 850 (1/24) EX8 828 (4/24) EX9 848 (4/24) TU8 819 (3/24)
Chase_Hyatt|10k|15.24%|6/13 * Amex_Hilton|10k|13.99%|8/13 * Chase_IHG|10k|15.24%|1/14 * Chase_Ink$|12k|13.24%|5/14 * NFCU$|46k|9.65%|12/14 * Amex_ED|10k|12.99%|1/16 * Citi_Custom$|45k|15.24%|4/16 * Merrill+|68k|12.99%|2/17 * Amex_BB+|10k|15.24%|3/18 * PenFed_Pathfinder|29.4k|12.74%|9/18 * WF_Autograph|25k|16.99%|7/19 * AODFCU_VS|22k|7.49%|4/20 * Chase_Ritz_Carlton|48.5k|15.99%|10/21 * Amex_BB$|42k|13.24%|8/22 * Redstone_FCU_VS|10k|12.00%|6/23 * C1_VX|30k|14.74%|1/24
Gone: CSP, AA x3, Ink+, Premier, CSR, CFU, CF, AARP, Limitless
Message 25 of 62
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I promised I would follow-up with my experience on this Amex Offer...

My BCP just dropped a statement (meaning I'm now on next month) so I gave the Staples Amex offer a whirl.  I purchased a $100 eBay Gift Card with electronic (email) delivery. 

A minute of so after my order was placed, I received the following email:

amexstaples.jpg

From past experience, once I get this message it's pretty much a 'done-deal' as long as the transaction posts.  Smiley Happy

FWIW other websites state that the only time there's a problem is if you buy an actual 'Staples' gift card (as in, for use at Staples) which makes sense if you think about it.  This offer is for Staples online purchases, and if Staples GCs were allowed to qualify it would be a way to effectively circumvent the online restriction.

Awesome !

I never doubted for one minute that it wouldn't qualify & I did a similar thing to US Bank back in December. They said spend $200 & get $25 statement credit; I did spend that amount (wink wink) and I was rewarded (along with 4x fuel points in addition). For the item that I purchased, the bet I wouldn't lose either way proved itself.

SisterGirl
Message 26 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone who used this offer to buy gift cards for their statement credit?
My transaction posted and yet I haven't received the statement credit yet. It would suck if gift card purchases are not qualified, I could've just use discover and got 5% cash back instead 😕
Message 27 of 62
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Anyone who used this offer to buy gift cards for their statement credit?
My transaction posted and yet I haven't received the statement credit yet. It would suck if gift card purchases are not qualified, I could've just use discover and got 5% cash back instead 😕

I made my Staples purchase on Saturday, and my gift card number wasn't delivered until yesterday (!).  It seems a common complaint on Staple's own web site is that delivery is slow, but I digress...

My charge is still 'pending' and hasn't posted yet.  Historically, once the charge posts the credit comes a day or two later (at least with me).  In a few days I should know something, and I'll be able to come back here and report.

Like you, though, I'll be rather disappointed if the credit isn't posted, since so far it's always worked.  Also like you, I could have purchased the card at Kroger and got 6% back with my BCP as well as 4X fuel points.  <fingers crossed>  Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 62
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I just want to give a final update... my Staples purchase of an eBay e-gift card posted on 4/26, and the $25 Amex Offer credit posted two days later:

staplescredit.jpg

I was fairly sure the credit would post successfully since it has always worked in the past, but I also understand why some people might have been doubtful due to the verbiage that is used in the fine print.

I have really 'simple' tastes so most Amex Offers are of little use to me, but occasionally a 'gem' such as this will come along.

Huge shout-out to SisterGirl for bring this one to our attention!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine posted the other day!

Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 10.12.35 AM.png

Message 30 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.