Did you mean: 

Amex Offers - Staples $25

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Offers - Staples $25

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.. Ugg, I wish this came earlier as I spent so much buying printer ink from Staples...

If you have an inkjet printer you can by a do it yourself kit off amazon and save hundreds.

Likewise, me too!  I ordered some laster ink toners literally a day before these offers popped up!  My only consolation are the $2 credits for recycling ink toners, which of course doesn't make up for the $25 in cash!

What do you mean by "do it yourself?"  A generic ink toner, or one that you...er...build, as in put together?

Message 41 of 62
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.. Ugg, I wish this came earlier as I spent so much buying printer ink from Staples...

If you have an inkjet printer you can by a do it yourself kit off amazon and save hundreds.

Likewise, me too!  I ordered some laster ink toners literally a day before these offers popped up!  My only consolation are the $2 credits for recycling ink toners, which of course doesn't make up for the $25 in cash!

What do you mean by "do it yourself?"  A generic ink toner, or one that you...er...build, as in put together?

Are laser toners the same as inkjet cartridges that are refillable?

Signature needs updating
Message 42 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Are laser toners the same as inkjet cartridges that are refillable?

I see some online for laser but personally never used it, if you print alot laser is the way to go.  http://www.amazon.com/Compatible-MFC-7460DN-MFC-7860DW-DCP-7060D-DCP-7065DN/dp/B004WSO73W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462034928&sr=8-1&keywords=laser+toner+refill

Message 43 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 44 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For inkjet printers I usually drill a small hole in the refill cartridge and inject some ink into it(there are tutorials online).  I haven't done one for laser printers I assume it is a similar process.

Message 45 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I just want to give a final update... my Staples purchase of an eBay e-gift card posted on 4/26, and the $25 Amex Offer credit posted two days later:

staplescredit.jpg

I was fairly sure the credit would post successfully since it has always worked in the past, but I also understand why some people might have been doubtful due to the verbiage that is used in the fine print.

I have really 'simple' tastes so most Amex Offers are of little use to me, but occasionally a 'gem' such as this will come along.

Huge shout-out to SisterGirl for bring this one to our attention!  Smiley Very Happy

Would I receive the credit if I buy a Starbucks girt card from the Staples online store?

You should!

Thanks P.

I'll post the outcome!

Just received the AMEX thank you email for the $25 credit...

That is a start. Should post a few days after the actual charge does!

Message 46 of 62
coolbrad
Valued Member

Used this offer today for the latest Apple TV which was already on sale at Staples.

Message 47 of 62
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

My wife ordered a $100 Ebay egift card with her AMEX and I ordered one as well with mine. We ordered them on Sunday and today we both get an email saying the egiftcards are delayed by 2 weeks. Anyone else have this issue?

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 48 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt get an email saying that egiftcards specifically were delayed but I got an email saying my order was delayed by about 2 weeks (2x lowes gcs) and they were in my inbox the next day. This was last Friday.
Message 49 of 62
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I ordered mine on a Saturday, and the status on the Staples website gave a date a couple of weeks out as well. 

On Tuesday I got "delivery" of the e-gift card, as well as a confirmation from Staples that the order had been completed.  It took a couple of days longer for the charge to post to my Amex, and another day or two for the credit to post.

It's a bit of a 'head scratcher' why it takes so long to "deliver" an e-gift card, but in the end it was worth it.  Smiley Wink

Message 50 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.