cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Offers and Authorized Users

tag
momojo

Re: Amex Offers and Authorized Users

Ironically, I just finished a chat session with Amex about this.  I didn't realize that authorized users could create their own login ID.  I just logged onto my wife's account where I could see all of our purchases and payment info.  When I created the new login for my card as well, the offer was there, too.  I used both cards today for the Amazon $25 for $75 spend deal. 

Message 11 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I just ordered $75 worth of Starbucks Gift Cards on my partners card and then I paid for our Amazon Fresh Groceries wtih my card... Worse case if the groceries don't count Ill go order amaozn gift cards because im onto using Chase Freedom for the rest of the month of December for the 5% and need to pay for the $300 something annual fee for the amazon fresh... we already maxed out our 5% back on Discover Smiley Tongue

I'm thinking in Jan. we will need the Amazon Visa! (neither of us can get anymore Barclay cards or a USBank Card so this is the best option outside of gift cards at the grocery with BCP but I don't want to do that all year!

Message 12 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I just ordered $75 worth of Starbucks Gift Cards on my partners card and then I paid for our Amazon Fresh Groceries wtih my card... Worse case if the groceries don't count Ill go order amaozn gift cards because im onto using Chase Freedom for the rest of the month of December for the 5% and need to pay for the $300 something annual fee for the amazon fresh... we already maxed out our 5% back on Discover Smiley Tongue

I'm thinking in Jan. we will need the Amazon Visa! (neither of us can get anymore Barclay cards or a USBank Card so this is the best option outside of gift cards at the grocery with BCP but I don't want to do that all year!

you could order amazon gift cards using the amex card and then use the gift cards to pay for amazon fresh.

amazon prime and fresh subscription payment do not count towards the $75 requirement for Amex. Amazon prime subscription payment counts towards the 5% for freedom, but I am not sure about fresh, since it's not listed on Chase's website. My guess is that it should though.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Received email from Amex for the purchase of the gift cards pinging that offer!!! Talk about fast!
Just thought of issue with my amazon fresh... Many times the order ends up in many charges especially when I buy meat because it's coming from a local butcher shop so I might not hit the $75 in 1 charge... See tomorrow when they deliver if I get Amex email Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
Received email from Amex for the purchase of the gift cards pinging that offer!!! Talk about fast!
Just thought of issue with my amazon fresh... Many times the order ends up in many charges especially when I buy meat because it's coming from a local butcher shop so I might not hit the $75 in 1 charge... See tomorrow when they deliver if I get Amex email Smiley Happy

Yea, many people pointed out about this issue as well, hence it's a safer bet to just buy a gift card if the items your purchasing might end up as spilt charges.

It's also "safer" to just meet the requirements right away, just in case Amex takes away the promotion which has been done in the past when promotions get way too popular.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.