Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Optima/Oasis program

tag
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Optima/Oasis program

@bichonmom wrote:

When you do this, does/can the old CO be reported again on your CR as paid, if it had previously fallen off due to age?

after I get the card im going to try a friendly GW to see if the will remove the CO since mine wouldnt fall off until 2014 but im not sure about one that has fallen off

Message 11 of 48
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@bichonmom wrote:

When you do this, does/can the old CO be reported again on your CR as paid, if it had previously fallen off due to age?

It shouldn't.

Closed is closed, and if it's off due to old age, paying wouldn't change that age of closing.

Also, derogs are dated from when they occurred (DOFD), and not from when they most recently updated (DOLA), so that shouldn't be affected either.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 48
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks, Hauling. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 13 of 48
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

You may wish to pass on the Oasis offer -- many people have posted within these boards that once the old CO is paid with AMEX, if you simply wait about 3 months, you can app for one of their regular/prime cards and be approved (and they'll also backdate based on the old CO account).

Research it on these boards -- it may be a better option for you?

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 14 of 48
beb86
Valued Contributor

@ShootingStar wrote:

You may wish to pass on the Oasis offer -- many people have posted within these boards that once the old CO is paid with AMEX, if you simply wait about 3 months, you can app for one of their regular/prime cards and be approved (and they'll also backdate based on the old CO account).

the will also let you pc (so I have seen on these boards) after 12 months, so the master plan would be to wait it out the 12 months, pc, app for another product and have both back dated to 2005

Message 15 of 48
Ron1
Super Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

@ShootingStar wrote:

the will also let you pc (so I have seen on these boards) after 12 months, so the master plan would be to wait it out the 12 months, pc, app for another product and have both back dated to 2005

You cannot pc after 12 months. You were able to do it a few years ago.  You have to close the Optima card to apply for the regular Amex cards. Otherwise, they will denied you because you have a Amex rebuilder card.

Ron.

Message 16 of 48
Apexdv
New Contributor

Hi All - I had a 3 y/o Amex CO ($2600) which I paid off in a short amount of time by making regular payments via the online account which was still active - I never spoke with their CA and once I began making the payments I never received any calls or letters from them.  About 2 weeks after the final payment I received the "Opportunity to Gain Cardmembership" letter and promptly mailed the completed form (name, SS#, yearly income were the only questions) back on 4/4/2012.  Today, 4/14/2012 I received the new card under the Oasis program.  It is, as expected, the AX Optima card (blue & white) with a $1300 CL.  Although it is not eligible for the rewards programs, etc it can still be used for credits via FourSquare, Rewards Network, etc.

Until 2010 my credit was very good: in the upper 700's on occasion plowing me into the 800-club Smiley Happy then like many the company I worked for closed down and ... blahblahblah.  Long story short - doing very well now and now I have only 2 accounts left to be paid.  Yay me!  Question: the original Amex (Delta Gold) was a TL from 2008.  The new Oasis card has a member since listed as 2012.  The online account which is still active and now has my Oasis Optima activated within shows a member since date of "2008".  I've read many posts where others have had success in backdating the Oasis to the original and others where it was automatically backdated.  Do you think I should wait to see of the Oasis Optima backdates automagically or should I phone via the backdoor number -or- regular CS number?

Thanks all in advance.  I've been lurking about these boards for over a year now - truly a great group of posters on here and I've learned much.

Cheers!

Mission Lane Visa 850, Credit One AMEX 800, kikoff Revolver 2500, Destiny MC 300, CareCredit/Synchrony 1000, Amazon/Synchrony 900
Starting Scores
Current Scores
Message 17 of 48
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations and welcome back into the Amex family! Smiley Happy

A lot of us have experienced bumps that have blemished our credit. I'm glad to hear that you're past the roughest patch and are on your way to rebuilding. Good for you -- you should feel proud of yourself!

As for your question, the date that is shown on the online portal is the date that Amex reports to the CRAs, so it sounds like they did backdate your card. You can always call them and ask them to send you a new card with the correct member since date on it. If any of this is not true because it's an Optima card, the CSR should be able to let you know.

Once again, congrats, and best wishes for your credit future.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 18 of 48
beb86
Valued Contributor

Mine was dated '12 but online said '05 I called and requested it to be changed to '05 and a week later the new card came in
Message 19 of 48
Mumford1310
Established Member

"any cards you app for from Amex will be an instant denial (wont even pull). Im not complaining" <---According to the OP, this Optima AMEX card is the reason for my denial.  Is this correct?  I've had the card close to two years now with a $500 credit limit.  Should I close this account, wait 6 months then apply for a Zync?

Starting Score: EQ 656 EXP696 TU 677
Current Score: EQ 656 EXP696 TU 677
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.