Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Optima/Oasis program

tag
beb86
Valued Contributor

Amex Optima/Oasis program

Good news for anyone wondering about the Amex Optima Card. IT STILL EXIST. I called to pay a CO in full from 2006 for $2850 and the told me (once my funds were verified) I was pre-approved for the Optima card with a $800 limit as long as I don't have a BK, or currently hold a Amex, I will be approved. The said I should have the app in 20 days (I assuming this is to let the $0 balance report). But... The Optima card is NOT ELIGIBLE FOR BACKDATING, and any cards you app for from Amex will be an instant denial (wont even pull). Im not complaining, I burned Amex in college and now that I have paid my debt the are letting me back in the door to primeville. I plan on keeping everyone posted as to if the actually keep there end of the deal. None of this would have been possible without the help of the MyFICO community. 

edit: the did backdate my account to 2005

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Optima/Oasis program

congrats

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 2 of 48
CS800
Super Contributor

Good for you and thanks for the info Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 48
Ron1
Super Contributor

Yes, they do have. They offered him $500 pre-approval Optima Card application when he called to pay one of his Amex in full. They sent him an application last month when he paid off one of his card.

Ron.

Message 4 of 48
Ron1
Super Contributor

Not everyone is eligible for the Oasis/Optima. They have to offer you when you call.  The CL. was set by Amex based on your relationship with Amex.

Ron.

Message 5 of 48
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Ok so HOW FAR BACK with regards to debt to AMEX does this program work for? Just wondering. I have an old debt that is WAY PAST SOL and reporting of 7 yrs. Is it worth trying to see if this can be revived for this program? Oh what # did you  call?

Message 6 of 48
beb86
Valued Contributor

the SOL may be 7/7.5 years but Amex has no SOL when it comes to blacklisting

Message 7 of 48
beb86
Valued Contributor

@NikJ4 wrote:

Ok so HOW FAR BACK with regards to debt to AMEX does this program work for? Just wondering. I have an old debt that is WAY PAST SOL and reporting of 7 yrs. Is it worth trying to see if this can be revived for this program? Oh what # did you  call?

Message 8 of 48
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Thanks...; apparently I am not in their system. Not going to beg him to find it. It is WAY old. Just hope whenever I am eligible, I will get back dated.

Message 9 of 48
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

When you do this, does/can the old CO be reported again on your CR as paid, if it had previously fallen off due to age?

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.