Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Optima Platinum...Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Optima Platinum...Credit Score

My blue, clear and optima earn points.  Optima has a great interest rate and is a nice card to have without paying a yearly fee.

The credit lines are very generous with the Optima, I started with a $10K credit line.

Enroll in Optima Platinum Card's Membership Rewards Express (SM) program
Why wait for the rewards you want? You can earn one point for virtually every dollar you spend on your Card. Which means you can get the rewards you want right now - from an incredible selection of clothing, electronics, dining experiences, online music, travel, and more.

Transfer Balances Fee-Free
Transfer balances from your higher-rate MasterCard®, Discover®, and Visa® cards to your American Express® Card account -with no transaction fee! Then enjoy the low APR: Fixed rate of 8.90% for life of balance (until the balance is completely paid off), on BT requests submitted with this application.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The member reward points suck in comparison to the blue cash rebate. I guess the Optima looks like a wannabe Platinum charge card, so it can make you feel rich lol!
Message 12 of 17
autofly
Contributor

I've had 5 hard EX pulls in the past year.  EX score was 680.  The Optima Platinum does qualify for Membership Rewards.  Interest rate is Prime + 6%.

BTW it just looks cooler and more prestigious to carry an AMEX Platinum card.  I love my blue, but I'm sure I'll love throwing this down at expensive restaurants a lot more than Blue.

Auto
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does it matter what your card appearance is at an expensive restaurant? The money is coming from the same place.

Message Edited by sasronin on 10-02-2007 05:05 PM
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Autofly,

I feel you on the Plat card. I will toss it down when I feel the need. It has my highest credit limit.

While I love my Amex gold rewards, I am not really to fork over $450 a year for a pla. charge card.

The next best thing is a Platimun charge card from AMEX.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

sasronin,

I don't it can make you feel rich.  I prefer the optima platimun to a BOA card any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Talk about a stupid card to have.  But some folks who can't get Amex will get a BOA card.

I had the world points platim, whatever it's called from BOA  Nothing but DRAMA.

Amex is where it is. 
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

ragcajun wrote:
Autofly,

I feel you on the Plat card. I will toss it down when I feel the need. It has my highest credit limit.

While I love my Amex gold rewards, I am not really to fork over $450 a year for a pla. charge card.

The next best thing is a Platimun charge card from AMEX.

I agree with you if I had extra cash I would do the Plat card but I don't travel that much so for me the gold reward plus is great I love this card.......
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.