tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Optima ...what to do?

@sjt wrote:

@darwin_wins wrote:

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

@creditguy wrote:
Personally I'd wait at least a year and perhaps use the card a little more. Amex is giving you another shot at building a relationship with them and some people would give a limb or their first born child to get that opportunity, so while it's not the best card to have, it's a way back in. With that opportunity to get back in comes caution, Amex will want to see responsible use and a need for their card. If you don't use it and cancel it they could look at it as well you don't need us so we don't need you. Ultimately it's your call and nothing is guaranteed but I don't think it would hurt to wait the full year.

Copper44:  I totally agree with creditguy.  After a year, there may be another card you could product change to, such as the Amex Blue Cash Everyday or the Blue Cash Preferred.  The BCP has great rewards; I plan to apply for it later this year.  Even though it is an AF card (which I am normally opposed to), the rewards pay for the AF in a very short time

From other users who have had Optima in past have said that you can't PC Optima to any other card. So unless Amex has or will change the rules you may have to keep it or close it after 13 months if you dont want to pay the AF. 

Personally I am going to keep mine even though it has no rewards and ask for CLI this October

I contacted Amex via Chat. You can now product change your Optima but you have to have the account for 12 months.

Not sure where my post went,  but I just contacted them via chat and they told me no. Maybe this is  a YMMV thing or maybe it's a rep who is not realizing it's the optima oasis and not the oasis plat. Note I've had this card since 2011 or thereabouts.

http://s683.photobucket.com/user/pdxgigi3/media/Optima_zpsryw6eoy9.jpg.html

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.