Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PC Options

tag
selena
Contributor

Amex PC Options

I was wondering what options do I have when PCing from Amex Everday. I wanted to apply for the BCE but they don't backdate anymore. I also read somewhere that you can't PC between cards with different rewards structures. I'm looking for another card because even though I spend on the card I dont use it 20 times to get the bonus spend. It took me forever to get in with them and after having the card for a year I finally raised my CL to $3000 (was denied the 3x) so I want to keep my relationship with them. What other cards in their line up would you suggest? How would some of you Amex veterans rate their cash back cards?

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
selena
Contributor

Re: Amex PC Options

Did I ask a dumb question???

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 2 of 24
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

Wow, I was hoping for responses also.  I'm interested in knowing this also, LOL!  So not a dumb questiion to me.

Message 3 of 24
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Well, it's not a very common question at this time since not many people have had the Everyday long enough to PC it.

With these types of questions, I always go to the Chat with Amex and they tell you what the options are. They're really great about that.

Let us know what you find out. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a BCP for about 5-6 months and wanted to PC.  I was told that the only card I could PC to was BCE (which I did).  They refunded a prorated amount of my annual fee so that was cool too.  They mentioned something about my card being older than 11-12 months I might have more PC options.  I don't know if that meant to everday or not.  I don't think PC to charge card would have been allowed under any circumstance.

Message 5 of 24
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

Kenny in your opinion what would be another great card from Amex around the Everyday range?

Message 6 of 24
selena
Contributor

@tendertan wrote:

Wow, I was hoping for responses also.  I'm interested in knowing this also, LOL!  So not a dumb questiion to me.

Lol thanks I thought I was alone for a second.

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 7 of 24
selena
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a BCP for about 5-6 months and wanted to PC.  I was told that the only card I could PC to was BCE (which I did).  They refunded a prorated amount of my annual fee so that was cool too.  They mentioned something about my card being older than 11-12 months I might have more PC options.  I don't know if that meant to everday or not.  I don't think PC to charge card would have been allowed under any circumstance.

I'm 1 month away from my full year. I've read of people not being able to PC unless it's exactly the 13th month but I wonder if that's for upgrading?

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 8 of 24
selena
Contributor

@Kenny wrote:
Well, it's not a very common question at this time since not many people have had the Everyday long enough to PC it.

With these types of questions, I always go to the Chat with Amex and they tell you what the options are. They're really great about that.

Let us know what you find out. Smiley Happy

I'll try that and see. I kinda figured if I couldn't PC it would still be worth finding out what cards are considered worth it to open a new account for, since the loss of backdating.

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 9 of 24
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@selena wrote:

Did I ask a dumb question???

Any discussion forum site takes time for replies and replies are not guaranteed.  Give it at least a day -- not hours.  If you need a more immediate response then a discussion forum is the wrong tool for the job.  You can always call and ask, chat online, etc.

@selena wrote:

I'm looking for another card because even though I spend on the card I dont use it 20 times to get the bonus spend.

You didn't know this before applying?  Always consider your spend, situation, preferences, etc when considering cards.  If rewards matter you should always run the numbers for your spend to aid you in your decision making.  When considering miles/points rewards programs such as MR you need to consider redemptions and what options work for you as redemptions have an impact on the value per point/mile.  MR points can be worth more than $0.01/point but only under certain situations.  If you're redeeming for statement credits and some other options you get much less than $0.01/point.

@selena wrote:

What other cards in their line up would you suggest? How would some of you Amex veterans rate their cash back cards?

It doesn't matter if one is a newbie or vet.  Selecting cards is always about finding what suits the individual best.  You need to give us the info I mentioned above and any other info that will help to narrow down the the options if you want recommendations.  How I rate AmEx's cards isn't relevant to you unless your spend, preferences, etc are sufficiently identical to my own.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.