Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PC before 60 days... possible

tag
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

Amex PC before 60 days... possible

So surfing around Amex new layout I notice that I have an upgrade option from Amex Blue to Amex BCP, or Amex BSP. Mind you I'm under 60 days.

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex PC before 60 days... possible

I have the AMEX Blue and Zync, get the same upgrade offers on the cards. Tried it with both cards, not-availible. Someone forgot to tell web/marketing people that there is a new law preventing AF changes during the first year with a card, the Blue card is $0 AF no PC's in the first year.  If you want the card AP for it, it will be a SP, and then cancel the blue card.  

I just decided to wait a while... still enjoying the 0% APR on the blue and carying a balance, will pay it down and AP for another card possibly BCP or BCE when my utl is under 10% and all my AMEX cards are paid to 0. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 8
bribro
Valued Contributor

I noticed this as well. In my case, it was an offer to upgrade from Blue Sky to Blue Sky Preferred.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 3 of 8
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

@bribro wrote:

I noticed this as well. In my case, it was an offer to upgrade from Blue Sky to Blue Sky Preferred.

The benefit of getting the plain BC, they don't know if you want to upgrade to Cash or Sky lol.

@James I'm not looking to upgrade just thought it was funny since I haven't reached a 60 days, let alone a year.

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The upgrade options may be there, but they won't work.  You can however product change to another no annual fee Blue card.  I changed my Blue to a BCE after a month and a half or so.

Message 5 of 8
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

You can only PC into another card with no AF before 60 days. CARD Act prevents lenders from increasing your credit card fee right away, hence 60 days before product change.

Message 6 of 8
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

You can only PC into another card with no AF before 60 days. CARD Act prevents lenders from increasing your credit card fee right away, hence 60 days before product change.

do you able to keep your bonus sign up offer like 30k miles on Delta if want to PC to BCE OR BCP ???

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 8
RonDawg
Contributor

@HenryJumbo wrote:

So surfing around Amex new layout I notice that I have an upgrade option from Amex Blue to Amex BCP, or Amex BSP. Mind you I'm under 60 days.

Its a glitch, I received my PRG back in April and 2 months later they showed the Upgrade to the Platinum card however the upgrade option has never worked.  States I have to apply for the Platinum by calling them if I want that card.  Sucks too because I didn't get the 25k bonus for the PRG either. 

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.