cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PC complete!

Established Contributor

Amex PC complete!

I must say I am pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to PC with Amex. Requested it a week ago, online account was updated in under 48 hours, new card arrived in 5 days. I could continue to use my old card until I got the new one. I've heard it can take over a month to PC with some other banks.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex PC complete!

What did you PC from and to ?



Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Super Contributor

Re: Amex PC complete!

 

Nice !  What cards did you switch from/to ?   And I assume that you had this card for at least a year right ?  That seems to be the rule now, creditors won't PC for at least 12 months...

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 10
Established Contributor

Re: Amex PC complete!

PC from Starwood to Blue Sky.

 

My Starwood was only 1 month old when I asked. Apparently the 12 month rule only applies when you are "upgrading" from a no AF card to one with an AF (for example BCE to BCP).

Message 4 of 10
Established Contributor

Re: Amex PC complete!

I also know someone who was able to PC from Blue to BCE at 2 months.

 

Both of us did it using the Secure Message Center. Seems to have better results than just calling in.

Message 5 of 10
Established Contributor

Re: Amex PC complete!

I just did delta to bce today. Cards in the mail.

Message 6 of 10
Established Contributor

Re: Amex PC complete!


TannerK wrote:

I just did delta to bce today. Cards in the mail.


Makes sense, the PR Gold is much better for getting airline miles. Out of curiousity, are your Amex charge cards all separate accounts or are they now linked to the Centurion? If they're separate seems like a lot of overlap in benefits and a lot of annual fees!

Message 7 of 10
Established Contributor

Re: Amex PC complete!


dyv8914 wrote:

TannerK wrote:

I just did delta to bce today. Cards in the mail.


Makes sense, the PR Gold is much better for getting airline miles. Out of curiousity, are your Amex charge cards all separate accounts or are they now linked to the Centurion? If they're separate seems like a lot of overlap in benefits and a lot of annual fees!


Yes! Platinum became linked. Im an AU on PR Gold but am considering getting one in my own name solely due to the points. Gas is getting higher, im shopping more at supermarkets, and in the past 3 days ive booked 8 flights alone. Through Amex travel thats 4 points a dollar. Plus with 30K spend you get 15K points worth atleast $150. Im considering apping for it around June if this continues.

Message 8 of 10
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex PC complete!

Nice. A couple weeks ago I did a PC from SPG to AmEx Blue a week or to ago. I agree too that it was a very easy process. My only complaint was when I called the guy I spoke with said I had to wait 13 months (my SPG was only 4 months old). I told him no as that's only if I was upgrading but he continued to tell me he couldn't do anything. Hung up, sent a SM, within an hour had a reply saying it would be changed and I'd be all set, and it was. Smooth process.
What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex PC complete!


dyv8914 wrote:

I must say I am pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to PC with Amex. Requested it a week ago, online account was updated in under 48 hours, new card arrived in 5 days. I could continue to use my old card until I got the new one. I've heard it can take over a month to PC with some other banks.


Nice!! Congrats!!




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 10