Established Contributor
dyv8914

Amex PC complete!

I must say I am pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to PC with Amex. Requested it a week ago, online account was updated in under 48 hours, new card arrived in 5 days. I could continue to use my old card until I got the new one. I've heard it can take over a month to PC with some other banks.

Regular Contributor
dnice77

Re: Amex PC complete!

What did you PC from and to ?

Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 :smileyhappy:
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
pizzadude

Nice !  What cards did you switch from/to ?   And I assume that you had this card for at least a year right ?  That seems to be the rule now, creditors won't PC for at least 12 months...

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Established Contributor
dyv8914

PC from Starwood to Blue Sky.

My Starwood was only 1 month old when I asked. Apparently the 12 month rule only applies when you are "upgrading" from a no AF card to one with an AF (for example BCE to BCP).

Established Contributor
dyv8914

[ Edited ]

I also know someone who was able to PC from Blue to BCE at 2 months.

Both of us did it using the Secure Message Center. Seems to have better results than just calling in.

Established Contributor
TannerK

I just did delta to bce today. Cards in the mail.

Established Contributor
dyv8914

TannerK wrote:

Makes sense, the PR Gold is much better for getting airline miles. Out of curiousity, are your Amex charge cards all separate accounts or are they now linked to the Centurion? If they're separate seems like a lot of overlap in benefits and a lot of annual fees!

Established Contributor
TannerK

dyv8914 wrote:

TannerK wrote:

Makes sense, the PR Gold is much better for getting airline miles. Out of curiousity, are your Amex charge cards all separate accounts or are they now linked to the Centurion? If they're separate seems like a lot of overlap in benefits and a lot of annual fees!

Yes! Platinum became linked. Im an AU on PR Gold but am considering getting one in my own name solely due to the points. Gas is getting higher, im shopping more at supermarkets, and in the past 3 days ive booked 8 flights alone. Through Amex travel thats 4 points a dollar. Plus with 30K spend you get 15K points worth atleast $150. Im considering apping for it around June if this continues.

Regular Contributor
Smerri1029

Nice. A couple weeks ago I did a PC from SPG to AmEx Blue a week or to ago. I agree too that it was a very easy process. My only complaint was when I called the guy I spoke with said I had to wait 13 months (my SPG was only 4 months old). I told him no as that's only if I was upgrading but he continued to tell me he couldn't do anything. Hung up, sent a SM, within an hour had a reply saying it would be changed and I'd be all set, and it was. Smooth process.
What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Chase Freedom
What's In My Sock Drawer: American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Card, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi AA AmEx, Chase United Mileage Plus Explorer Card, Barclays US Air, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, Citi Dividend Platinum Select, LEM FCU Visa, SME FCU Visa
Mega Contributor
LS2982

dyv8914 wrote:

I must say I am pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to PC with Amex. Requested it a week ago, online account was updated in under 48 hours, new card arrived in 5 days. I could continue to use my old card until I got the new one. I've heard it can take over a month to PC with some other banks.

Nice!! Congrats!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}