Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PC??

tag
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Amex PC??

I was just approved today for the Amex Blue Sky card for 2400.00. Someone mentioned in my other post about the Blue Card Everday (BCE?) Now that I look at the two cards, I think the bce will suit me better. I don't do alot of traveling.....I thought the sky card would help me earn points to travel more but it looks like I could do that to with the bce card. Is that something I could/should change right away?

I am new to amex and would really like some advice on this and also more info on how they are to deal with. I can carry a balance but should I? Are they sensitive like Barclays?
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex PC??

@snowkitty wrote:
I was just approved today for the Amex Blue Sky card for 2400.00. Someone mentioned in my other post about the Blue Card Everday (BCE?) Now that I look at the two cards, I think the bce will suit me better. I don't do alot of traveling.....I thought the sky card would help me earn points to travel more but it looks like I could do that to with the bce card. Is that something I could/should change right away?

I am new to amex and would really like some advice on this and also more info on how they are to deal with. I can carry a balance but should I? Are they sensitive like Barclays?

My advice for what its worth is that Amex does not like for you to carry a balance...  If you want to PC, I think they will let you... You should call CSR right away so that they don't ship you the Blue Sky

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 5
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Amex generally does not like it when you carry a balance, but they probably wouldn't take AA just for carrying a balance- unless there were other red flags(high util etc) when they sp you. Carrying a balance does make it significantly less likely that they would give you a cli, but overall they are not as sensitive as barclays as far as new accounts go.

As far as pc'ing if you call and explain to a csr that you would prefer to have the bce, they would probably be willing to accommodate you.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 3 of 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:

I would definitely avoid carrying a bal w/them. They really don't like it, and I've noticed that sometimes people who get FR'd have carried a balance. Of course, others have done that w/o a problem. But IMO, it's a risk I wouldn't take.

They aren't sensitive to new accts like Barclay's. But I don't think they'd be thrilled to see a bunch of new credit, either. Any CC can freak out from that.

I'm not sure about the PC. I know they will do it, but there are circumstances where you have to wait 13 mos. I believe when there is an AF involved, you can't PC for the first 12 mos.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 5
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

I wait after one month then PC my Delta to BCE. I spend a lil bit to qualify for the bonus (30k miles ). Then give them a call or secured message.

5 mins your card now BCE. Simple as it.......

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.