@PandiferBear wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@PandiferBear wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@PandiferBear wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@PandiferBear wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Many people here, including me, use terms like "minimum spend", and I forget that they are confusing to new people.   It's "minimum spend to get a bonus", not a contractually required amount that you need to spend to keep the card  (don't know of cards that require that)

Thanks.  I was just reading through all the docs that came and looking at the online site, and I got confused.  Was not sure if that was the "thing" for the PRG.  BTW, why would anyone ever get the regular Gold over the PRG?  I really just feel like I am missing something. 

There seem to be an few amex charge cards that need to be buffed or just retired. That gold card doesn't seem all that good. Also the green card is kind of eclipsed by the no AF ED card. 

I see.  I was wondering about that.  Seems like a no-brainer.  Someone was showing my their Amex Gold at work today (and I knew mine was waiting at home).  It is crazy how much nicer the PRG looks.  After I took mine out of the package, I was shocked (mouth on the floor again) at the difference, and not just because my own name was on it (but that helped Smiley Very Happy)

Its always nice to see new cards that you can play with :-) Have you thought about what you are going to use MR points on? Maybe some travel ? There are some nice travel partners i have been eying lol 

HAS TO BE TRAVEL!  I love to travel, but do not do so enough.  This should allow me to build up a nice nestegg to spend on a getaway.  I still have so much to learn about Amex's benefits, but so far I am crazy impressed!  I hope it all works out.  I miss travelling like I used to.

well twenty five thousand at the very very least is an round trip anywhere in 48 states of the US, thats if you don't add anymore points. Some of the non traveling benefits i really like is the warranty extension by 1 year. I think they also have an price protection thing if you use your card when you buy something . 

That will work.  I am patient (not really usually, but in this regard I am).  And it will all add up over time.  I really like the roadside assistance thing, too. 

just an word of warning it will take an long long time with just general spending to accumulate enough points for anything worth while like business or first class internationally. You may need to see if you can find another signup  bonus for maybe ED or EDP . 

No worries.  That is part of the "Everyday" plan.  I was not even thinking about starting getting that on-track until sometime next year, so now I am so unprepared, since I have not researched it like I normally would.  I am just so happy to finally be doing it, though unexpectedly.  Smiley Happy  Thanks for all your guidance.  I am sure that I will have many silly questions trying to get it figured out.  Smiley Surprised

lol i am by far no expert when it comes to MR points cards. I have only done research on them for when the time comes. I don't even have an MR rewards cards i only have UR one right now lol

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.