Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex PRG AF

LOL Yes.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to decide what I am going to do with my PRG next year when the AF hits.  I wanted a BCP and knew I could get two for one, so I really only got it for the 50k bonus.  I figure i'll probably close it, but I know they give 25k offers to keep it open so we'll see.  I don't travel enough for it to be worth it.  I can't imagine the AF on the green is even worth it.  I'm not a big fan of MR points.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol!  Yeah, I hate the MR points too.  Not a great selection of gift cards to redeem for and the lower cash back value, unless you apply it as a statement credit, sucks too.

Message 13 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

my annual fee was waived the first year so I'm hoping I can squeeze an airline gc out of the PRG before I cancel. I applied in August so I should have time.

I assume anything that triggers credit on the platinum card will work for the PRG.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

MR are great if you fly. Convert it to BA avios and you get about 3.6 cents an MR flying from Boston to Dublin. Say the ticket is $1000 normally. It is 2500 Avios plus $100 (actually more like $60) in taxes and fees.

But if you include the bonus 40% offer an MR works out to be 5.04 cents. You can make it go further if you are doing in upgrades or on shorter trips.
In Europe the budget airlines will get you everywhere else for cheap once you are in Dublin.

My 100k bonus(with 40% bonus on top) is going to get me at least 5 return flights to Dublin from Boston.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gif cards count for the airline credit on platinum, at least aa gift cards. I am assuming they will count on PRG
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.