Established Contributor
bahbahd

Amex PRG Denied Due to Closed Account

Well, I must be blacklisted for an old business Open gold card that was CO for about $1200 bucks many, many years ago. I've tried to call up Amex to pay this debt, but they would not accept and passed me over to Zwicker something CA.  I have not paid Zwicker yet. Looks like I will call Amex EO again today and try to PIF my old business card balance.

Valued Contributor
boomhower

Re: Amex PRG Denied Due to Closed Account

Amex is pretty hardcore about having past debts paid before issuing new cards, it's going to have to be taken care of before you can get another one. 

Super Contributor
longtimelurker

bahbahd wrote:

Well, I must be blacklisted for an old business Open gold card that was CO for about $1200 bucks many, many years ago. I've tried to call up Amex to pay this debt, but they would not accept and passed me over to Zwicker something CA.  I have not paid Zwicker yet. Looks like I will call Amex EO again today and try to PIF my old business card balance.

If it really has been sold to a CA, Amex may not be able to (or at least be bothered to) help with payment, as it no longer a debt they own.

Most active cards: Amex BC ($50K), Cap One QS ($33K) Fidelity Amex ($20K)
Others: CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS, Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi TY Preferred, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus
Scores May 14: EQ 848, EX 833, TU 841 (Jul)
Established Contributor
sjt

longtimelurker wrote:

bahbahd wrote:

If it really has been sold to a CA, Amex may not be able to (or at least be bothered to) help with payment, as it no longer a debt they own.

Amex doesnt really sell their accounts, they assign them to various collection agencies. The accounts get pass around from one collection agency to another after a period of time.

If you dont hear from the EO and end up contacting Zwicker, you should ask them about Oasis.

Another thing my friend had an old co account with Amex and she ended up mailing a payment to them directly. They accepted and cashed the check.

Established Contributor
bahbahd

sjt wrote:

Amex doesnt really sell their accounts, they assign them to various collection agencies. The accounts get pass around from one collection agency to another after a period of time.

If you dont hear from the EO and end up contacting Zwicker, you should ask them about Oasis.

Another thing my friend had an old co account with Amex and she ended up mailing a payment to them directly. They accepted and cashed the check.

This is exactly what I want to do! Not trying to get out of paying them. Just a fool who keeps putting it off for no good reason.

Established Contributor
sjt

bahbahd wrote:

sjt wrote:

This is exactly what I want to do! Not trying to get out of paying them. Just a fool who keeps putting it off for no good reason.

Sent you a PM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+