Did you mean: 

Amex PRG Pay Over Time

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex PRG Pay Over Time

@Anonymous wrote:
How long have you all had your cards?

ED since May 2015, and PRG/Delta since June 2015.  Still no clue what my POT limit is, or if they even list it.

I don't really plan on using it unless there was an emergency or something.  The APR is very high, but still, the ability to go a few extra weeks after a big vacation or something may not cost too much.  I am thinking that the POT apr starts from the second the purchase is made.  In my mind the APR clock should start ticking when the next statement cuts but thats probably not how it works!

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

My POT letter arrived today. $35,000 limit.

Does this limit affect any internals with Amex? Will I still be able to request CLIs on delta and ED up to 25k ea without doing tax forms? Don't really care if I have to but just curious.
Message 12 of 23
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does this limit affect any internals with Amex? Will I still be able to request CLIs on delta and ED up to 25k ea without doing tax forms? Don't really care if I have to but just curious.

Hard to tell what Amex will allow for total exposure with you. Their decision would be based on their own internal matrix and your credit profile. I only have two cards with Amex - PRG and Delta. My Delta is way over 25K and I have never had to verify income with Amex via the tax form. Have no idea what my PRG limit is with Amex either as I never signed up for POT. 

Message 13 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Doubtful as I have 35k POT on my Plat along with 26k on my ED, 2k on my HHonors and 19.7k on my SimplyCash card.  I don't think they factor POT into the equation.

Message 14 of 23
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

same here for me.. no offer for 10k mr or anything like that just that they were adding it and if I wanted to to call and cancel the addition. (The chat rep said if I cancelled then I couldn't add it ever again for the life of the card... I just said don't worry about it.) Not sure how I feel about it. I know I should be "happy" that I have this option, but it's just not for me.. I'd never carry a balance at 18% .. no thank you. 

Message 15 of 23
rlx01
Established Contributor

Two things:

1. Everyone's POT limit is 35k -- unless they raise it. They stop you much earlier than that. It's not like a credit card.

2. The only advantage of enabling it is 10 days extra float.
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EddieK wrote:

I got a letter from Amex sometime in November saying that my PRG was going to be automatically enrolled in this program unless I called in to say I didn't want it to be.  So I tried chat and they said that I did have to call in so I called in and told them to not enroll me in this program.  Only did this cause I read that they sometimes offer you MR points to entice you...I'm still waiting for that offer.

I just got my auto enroll letter today.  Do you guys suggest declining the offer in hopes of 10k MR pts later? Has anyone confirmed they are actually still giving out points anyway? 

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think when I got my platinum there was a box or option to click if I wanted to be enrolled in the POT, I didn't click it. Does that mean In the future there's a chance for that 10K MR points to be offered to me to enroll? Lol

Message 18 of 23
jbsea
Established Contributor

My POT is only $30,000.  and I had no idea that I could have held out for MR points.  That really sucks.  Its a nice feature to have but I cant imagine ever usiing it.  I dont ever carry a balance on any of my amex cards.

@rlx01 wrote:
Two things:

1. Everyone's POT limit is 35k -- unless they raise it. They stop you much earlier than that. It's not like a credit card.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 19 of 23
jbsea
Established Contributor

@jbsea wrote:

My POT is only $30,000.  and I had no idea that I could have held out for MR points.  That really sucks.  Its a nice feature to have but I cant imagine ever usiing it.  I dont ever carry a balance on any of my amex cards.

@rlx01 wrote:
Two things:

I should look before I talk, your right, it's $35000

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.