Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PRG Retention Odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex PRG Retention Odds

@driftless wrote:

I called about a month before my PRG turned 1 and asked about a retention offer and received a 5K for 1K spend offer.  I wasn't expecting an offer so I took it.  I was also offered a 60K for 5K Platinum upgrade offer which I also took.  

So you got 65k for 6k spend?  

Message 11 of 22
driftless
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@driftless wrote:

I called about a month before my PRG turned 1 and asked about a retention offer and received a 5K for 1K spend offer.  I wasn't expecting an offer so I took it.  I was also offered a 60K for 5K Platinum upgrade offer which I also took.  

So you got 65k for 6k spend?  

Roughly, yes.  

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all good responses.

I guess I overlooked one main thing.. IF a retention offer is given, what would be considered "good"? 5K MR? 10K MR? 15KMR?
Message 13 of 22
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I overlooked one main thing.. IF a retention offer is given, what would be considered "good"? 5K MR? 10K MR? 15KMR?

"Daily driver" and "most of your spend" from your OP are meaningless terms out of context. If you don't want to give a dollar estimate for your spend, I suggest you review the data I provided on the previous page of this thread to form your expectations.

Without that info, any answer someone gives you will be subject to "garbage in, garbage out".

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

"Daily driver" and "most of your spend" from your OP are meaningless terms out of context. If you don't want to give a dollar estimate for your spend, I suggest you review the data I provided on the previous page of this thread to form your expectations.

Without that info, any answer someone gives you will be subject to "garbage in, garbage out".

Sorry overlooked that.

About $25K.

Message 15 of 22
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry overlooked that.

About $25K.

Try to get 5k MRs + 15k MRs for $3k spend.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 16 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I will attempt to give a high quality answer anyway (even with peeking at the $25K below!)    

It depends....    Obviously you don'y feel that the PRG is worth the full AF.  So you have to decide what it might be worth to you.   And, with some measure of what an MR is worth to you, you can evaluate the offer, does the value of the points bring the net fee low enough for you (at least for one year).

To my mind, what other people get shouldn't overly matter.   If most people get offered 10MR, and some luck people get 100MR, even if you got 100 (or 200) you shouldn't accept.   Equally if the lowest was 1000K and some got 200K, even a 100K offer should be acceptable to you.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would say 10k would be good.  You get 100 dollar airline gift certificate and I would say 10k Amex points are worth a minimum of 100 dollars.  If you get that it covers your annual fee,  

Message 18 of 22
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

do it after the fee hits.  you need a ed or blue+ as a placeholder, no?  usual is $100.  another idea is to get the BGR 75K/$5K, close the prg and there is your place holder for a year

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's BGR?
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.