Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PRG and Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex PRG and Chase

Hi forum members, quick questions here. I have been receiving email with this offer from Amex for the pass two weeks for 75,000 reward points on the PRG card, so is this a good offer or should i just wait for something better down the road from them.  Second question is the mailer that Chase keep sending me for over a month now. I am over 5/24 already and do not know why is it that i keep receiving these mails both for business and personal. Sometimes i feel tempted to apply.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex PRG and Chase

sounds like the usual marketing emails, which do not really have anything to do with an approval. 

Often people will get them simply because a soft-pull showed them as in a bucket of approvable range for the card. If you really are 5/24'd, an offer to apply will not override it.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex PRG and Chase

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi forum members, quick questions here. I have been receiving email with this offer from Amex for the pass two weeks for 75,000 reward points on the PRG card, so is this a good offer or should i just wait for something better down the road from them.  Second question is the mailer that Chase keep sending me for over a month now. I am over 5/24 already and do not know why is it that i keep receiving these mails both for business and personal. Sometimes i feel tempted to apply.

This is what I would do.  Do you have a chase branch anywhere near you?  Like even up to 90 mins away?  If so, I would wait until the Chase Sapphire Reserve/Elite comes out and see if you prequalify for that in branch.  Also Freedom if you dont already have it.  Many reports of folks past 5/24 are able to get approved in branch if they are preapproved, even more if they have a banking relationship with chase, but not required.

Then if that fails, go for the PRG.  If you do not plan to transfer points to Delta or Flying Blue,, then point value is really only 1 cpp for gift cards, uber, mcds etc.  Many suggest apping for the Everyday credit card the same day .  I would look for a 25k offer on the ED, in incognito or vpn mode.  Or the EDP 30k if you think you would spend 6k a year at grocery stores.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.